Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Everybody in the division loses this week...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,621
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The defense played okay today but they still do not get any stops on key 3rd downs at key points in the game when they absolutely have to get it. Too many long drives and too many 3rd down conversions in this game and that has got to improve moving forward here if the Steelers want to have a chance to win more games...

  2. #12
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The defense played okay today but they still do not get any stops on key 3rd downs at key points in the game when they absolutely have to get it. Too many long drives and too many 3rd down conversions in this game and that has got to improve moving forward here if the Steelers want to have a chance to win more games...
    43, they were on the field 3/4 of the game. 16 points is pretty damn good to be honest. Especially the field position the Titans were getting due to the lack of Steelers offense moving the ball.

  3. #13
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    43, they were on the field 3/4 of the game. 16 points is pretty damn good to be honest. Especially the field position the Titans were getting due to the lack of Steelers offense moving the ball.
    They played a solid game but I will say this if a better QB then Jake Locker had been out there the score would have been much worse.....Locker bailed them out since well he sucks.....lol

  4. #14
    Draft Pick SteelerCountry58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Haley is making BA look like a mastermind. The play calling was lousy and way too cautious.
    There are so many holes,forget patch work,knock it the F down and build a new one.
    If we get 8 wins I'll be ecstatic. LOL.....here we go!

  5. #15
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gayvens Country
    Posts
    317
    1 win would be nice?

  6. #16
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Haley is making BA look like a mastermind. The play calling was lousy and way too cautious.
    There are so many holes,forget patch work,knock it the F down and build a new one.
    If we get 8 wins I'll be ecstatic. LOL.....here we go!
    But here is the problem. You (I mean everyone here, not you specifically) cannot correctly say that the O-Line play is atrocious and then criticize Haley for being too conservative. You cannot take chances with deep throws when your QB gets no time in the pocket. It only gets Ben killed.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  7. #17
    Draft Pick SteelerCountry58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    But here is the problem. You (I mean everyone here, not you specifically) cannot correctly say that the O-Line play is atrocious and then criticize Haley for being too conservative. You cannot take chances with deep throws when your QB gets no time in the pocket. It only gets Ben killed.
    I agree but it seems he's not showing his full hand and that stems back from when he took over.
    He's trying to protect Ben but what he's doing isn't working either. Is that the talent he has to
    work with or lack of? He needs to spread things out a bit more or Ben will be out next.

  8. #18
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    When you lose your home opener to the Titans it's hard to imagine beating the Bengals Monday night in their home opener, but you never know week to week in the NFL. The Pats needed a last second FG to beat the Bills with a rookie QB. The Jets who are the medias laughing stock are 1-0.
    We are in trouble. Real trouble.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #19
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    I agree but it seems he's not showing his full hand and that stems back from when he took over.
    He's trying to protect Ben but what he's doing isn't working either. Is that the talent he has to
    work with or lack of? He needs to spread things out a bit more or Ben will be out next.
    A couple of things he can do is A) roll Ben out on occasion and B) be less predictable on the screens.

    I never understood why Arians nor Haley rolled Ben out more. It takes pressure off and we know what Ben can do when moving.

    Everyone complains about screens but they are effective. It just seems like we wait until 3rd and 11 to use them and even I know it is coming.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  10. #20
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    A couple of things he can do is A) roll Ben out on occasion and B) be less predictable on the screens.

    I never understood why Arians nor Haley rolled Ben out more. It takes pressure off and we know what Ben can do when moving.

    Everyone complains about screens but they are effective. It just seems like we wait until 3rd and 11 to use them and even I know it is coming.
    Screens work real well when the blocking is included.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
  4. What to do with Big Ben if he loses case?
    By SteelCurtainYinzer in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •