Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

A truly abysmal opening day gives the Steeler faithful little to look forward to in 2013.
    Wondering if the Rooneys (founders of the NFL hiring rule that bears their name) will have the stones to end the Equal Opportunity Experiment known as Mike Tomlin. IMO, Steelers would be in much better shape know if they'd gone with Wisenhunt over Tomlin in 2007. Yeah, I know he didn't do much with AZ; but he did'nt have a Big Ben either.
    Today was truly disgusting; I've seen this show too many times: Ben sacked repeatedly, and an overall moribund offense.
    Excuse me, I need to go barf.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think they're too pussy to end the equal rights experiment.

They will never fire him because he won that damn Super Bowl.

The players view Tomlin more as a friend and he hasn't done **** all since most of the team is his now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Honest question: who would you rather have than Tomlin? Not many interesting subjects available, who'd be interested in coaching right now.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Honest question: who would you rather have than Tomlin? Not many interesting subjects available, who'd be interested in coaching right now.
    Anyone that doesn't favour hometown college players.

Tomlin sucks and has done for a while, I've always said this but the bunch of rabid dogs that is steelers nation came at me
    Wallace sucks.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    Anyone that doesn't favour hometown college players.

Tomlin sucks and has done for a while, I've always said this but the bunch of rabid dogs that is steelers nation came at me
    Well, I qualify then! I'm not a fan of Tomlin per say, but I'm just not convinced we can get anyone who we'd actually be satisfied with anyway.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Well, I qualify then! I'm not a fan of Tomlin per say, but I'm just not convinced we can get anyone who we'd actually be satisfied with anyway.

Not during the season, I hate to admit it but I agree. But, even if we win say some games against the likes of Green Bay or even the Patriots and Baltimore...if Tomlin is going to continue to underachieve against poorest teams that keep us at the 7 to 8 win area...what's the point of keeping him ? I think next weeks game actual might be a close game. Or even a win. Cause that seems to be our montra. We play well against the better teams, and TANK against the poorer ones.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think Tomlin will be on the hot seat if we go 1-15 or so. But doubt he gets fired unless that happens. If we miss playoffs next few seasons, then maybe.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Being a coach is hard, your always on the hot seat IMO

However, Tomlin is terrible and we won't win another Super Bowl under him. If we do, I will leave the forum.
    Wallace sucks.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    I think if we miss the playoffs this year two years in a row rooneys wont have that, either tomlin will go or they will make other changes like haley gone and maybe its time for dick to hang it up get a younger guy in there..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    I think if we miss the playoffs this year two years in a row rooneys wont have that, either tomlin will go or they will make other changes like haley gone and maybe its time for dick to hang it up get a younger guy in there..

It will be Haley, or make total High end free agency signings to their O-Line. But that will happen ONLY if they cut Troy, Ike, Clark, Timmons, Woodley. They would have to remove at least 80 Million in salary to at least sign 3 O-Linemen...I mean good ones.

Thread Information