Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DeCastro doesn't deserve to live

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    OL heavy in this past draft? I guess they could have taken Justin Pugh, Kyle Long, or Travis Frederick at 17 instead of Jarvis Jones?......But Long and Frederick were both considered major reaches when they both where drafted in the first round by the Bear and Cowboys........One OL and I'm saying one OL was drafted in the 2nd round in this past draft and that was Menelik Watson by the Raiders at pick 42.........I doubt he is the next great OT.........

Rounds 3-7, I guess they also could have loaded up with OL but with their recent track record of not developing OL do you think they really would have found some gems.......

I have been saying it for years this team needs a true elite pass protecting LT and maybe a train wreck season of only 3-4 wins is needed so they can draft high enough to get one of the true elite OTs.........Really its the only way the Steelers will improve their OL problems unless they start developing their own or find some late round gems......
    I know there wasn't much available for them to draft, but in all honesty, anything was better than what they currently had. Aside from Pouncey, none of the rest had proven to be able to play the position well consistently. And the lack of depth of even worse. It was the case then that a single OL injury would basically cause a complete collapse. Well it happened week one and Roethlisberger will be badly injured by midseason or sooner.

They should've taken 2-3 o-linemen in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    There are NO Linemen out there. Especially Centers. Only way we get one is to trade for one. And getting a even BACK-UP Center is gonna cost Troy AND a 1st rounder. Now we can give up Troy, cause he's way overrated. But the draft picks we need. We HAVE to go into next years draft with, at least 22-28 draft picks. And at least 15 of those HAVE to be in the top-60.

So trading Troy, Woodley-Ike-Clark is now A MUST!!
    15 picks in the first 2 rounds? go away troll

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I know there wasn't much available for them to draft, but in all honesty, anything was better than what they currently had. Aside from Pouncey, none of the rest had proven to be able to play the position well consistently. And the lack of depth of even worse. It was the case then that a single OL injury would basically cause a complete collapse. Well it happened week one and Roethlisberger will be badly injured by midseason or sooner.

They should've taken 2-3 o-linemen in the draft.
    I guess they could have but I doubt they would have developed them.....Their track record lately with OL isn't great to begin with especially in the later rounds so doubt it would have mattered.........a train wreck season needs to happens so they can land a top OT in the draft.....I really like Jake Matthews from Texas A&M............Then by all means use picks to trade up to try and get another OL early in this upcoming draft.......

Pouncey is over-rated and probably done.......China doll anyway........I still have some hope for Adams and DeCastro but they most show something this year...........

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    People who said the team shouldn't draft anymore o-line men early just because we had drafted two early in previous drafts were as foolish as those drafting for the Steelers. The o-line wasn't good despite any of their draft picks and there was zero depth. Now they can reap what they sowed.
    They drafted four early, not two. You don't spend high round picks on OL depth. You need to find that in the middle rounds. and later. They should be getting play makers in those early rounds, but Colbert hasn't been landing them that often

They absolutely should be drafting an OL every year someplace to keep improving the players (what exactly does Landry Jones bring to a team with a franchise QB with ~5 years left???) They took a terrible risk this year by not beefing up the OL depth and that has come back to bite them in the ***, as we all knew it would.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Iseason needs to happens so they can land a top OT in the draft.....I really like Jake Matthews from Texas A&M............Then by all means use picks to trade up to try and get another OL early in this upcoming draft.......
    No. We already have two 1s and two 2s on the OL. They should not be spending more high round picks there while we have no play makers on offense and our key defensive players are aging (Troy, Clark, Kiesel, Ike) and need to be replaced. Other teams have found ways to rebuild their OL without spending high pick after high pick (didn't Baltimore do that last year, and they won it all). There's no reason we can't do the same.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    I'm uneducated? Yet you can't even spell unfortunate? You stupid American, I'm not surprised everyone hates America at the moment, take yourself to Syria, son.

Yes he is horrible Big T, but it gives me another reason to hate this overrated piece of fat **** from Wisconsin.
    he's from washington went to school at stanford get aclue he's the best lineman we have they should cut foster

I am sorry the Pouncey/Foote and RSH is out for the year, but I didn't wait 7 months to give up after one game.The Defense play a great game and without Pouncey the offense will have to go to a quicker short passing game. Yes I am worried about the center position but Beachum will have to step-up: BUT according to the reports from last year Pouncey isn't that GOOD ANYWAY. RIGHT

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    “That was the problem, we did it late and we couldn't do it early enough,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. “It was just little things here and little things there.”
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...jonathan-dwyer

I know Ben needs to say the right things but come on. "Little things" like blocking, holding on to the football, and torn ligaments?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The sad part about it is the steelers have spent high draft picks on lineman. And they still aren't any better.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    The sad part about it is the steelers have spent high draft picks on lineman. And they still aren't any better.

Hard to say cause Adams barely played 1/2 a season so far, and just a couple of games at LT. Decastro didn't play at all his rookie year. And Gilbert, well Gilbert might be a Bust I will agree. So to say they have no talent is not right. And as much talent as Pouncey has, its clear now that because of Injury, and his likely desire to play in Miami, he's done here. So yes our OL Sucks right now. But, all the 1st & 2nd rounders we used on OL have NOT had the opportunity to play together yet. And now with Pouncey being Injured,,,,,they still won't. So more talent is needed. We need another High selection at Center. And we might need a highly drafted Tackle as well if Gilbert can't get it together.

Thread Information