Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody in the division loses this week...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Everybody in the division loses this week...

The only good news is everybody in this division lost this week and the Browns play the Ravens next week and the Bengals play the Steelers of course so two of the 4 teams will be 0-2 after next week. The Steelers need to make sure that they arent one of them and they have a pretty good opportunity in front of them to bounce right back from this next week playing in Cincinnati. But clearly, seeing how bad the Steelers played today they will be lucky to beat anybody all season long.. The Bengals,Bears and Vikings are up next and if we play like we did today 0-4 is definitely possible...It's only one game and there is time to turn this thing around but clearly this team has some serious serious issues that it needs to get fixed and fixed fast....I am going to stay as positive and as optimistic as I can after this pathetic performance today because it is only one game. But man does this team have a ton of work to do to get to where it needs to be...

Sadly, we'll be decimated by Bengals if we don't pick up our game by a couple of levels. They should have won today against a pretty good Bears team, had it not been for that dumb personal foul.

That said, you are obviously right. Everyone lost, so thats good.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Everybody in the division loses this week...

There's no picking up our game, this is our identity.. Flat and lousy!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    When you lose your home opener to the Titans it's hard to imagine beating the Bengals Monday night in their home opener, but you never know week to week in the NFL. The Pats needed a last second FG to beat the Bills with a rookie QB. The Jets who are the medias laughing stock are 1-0.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I don't know if Jesus could save this team. More key injuries and no depth. We looked that awful today.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

The same pattern last season, 1st half nothing happens. Then we play catch up the 2nd half.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Bengals are going to smoke the Steelers...........Bengals defense is much better then the Titans..........The Bengals have more offensive weapons then the Titans......Dalton is much better then Jake Locker......Its not going to be pretty Monday night...

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    There's no picking up our game, this is our identity.. Flat and lousy!!
    This^...the fans that keep having hope that this team will turn it around are only fooling themselves. The quicker they realize that the easier it will be to accept defeat.

My Mood
    Clowns
    You still cant go nuts over 1 game and 1 loss. It was a terrible pathetic performance today no doubt, but the good news is the Steelers really cant play any worse then they did today. The Pouncey injury is a killer no doubt but I want to see how this offense does once both Bell and Heath Miller are back in the lineup which hopefully for both will be the next couple of weeks. I think if Ben gets them both back this offense will be and look much better then they did today. The bottom line is it's one loss and there is still a pretty damn good opportunity next week going into Cincy to turn this around and win in a place in Cincinnati where the Steelers with Ben have had a lot of success...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm not going nuts but I just don't think the Steelers are a very good football team.......

The OL a huge question mark heading into the season like always is even a bigger question mark now.....

The WR's are good but I still don't see WR's that dictate coverage and really scare NFL defenses.....Plus who is going to score TD's on this team?...........No doubt no Heath Miller was felt today inside the redzone.........

The RB's.....lol without Bell and now its looks like The Hyphen will be out might be even in worse shape then last year....

I still don't understand Todd Haley's overall gameplan and his play-calling..........Todd Haley really makes a bad situation even worse.....I'm going to explain why I have hated Todd Haley since last season with these thoughts.....

Used to be, Steelers won division titles and made Super Bowl appearances with a bad OL. The scheme is exacerbating the problems. Inviting 8-9 guys in the box. Keeping another ****-poor RB on the field instead of a WR. Clogging escape lanes for Ben.

The defense played a solid game today but lets face it they're not on the level of the 2008 defense that can carry a team the entire season.......Plus the D even suffered a few injuries today and I still don't see a ton of play-makers on the defense.....This team just lacks play-makers on both sides of the ball period.......

Hopefully Wheaton, Bell, J. Jones, Thomas grow up quick and add something to this team pronto or the Steelers have the look of a 5-6 win team........

Thread Information