Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: So, who starts at RB Week 1?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I love Redman's toughness but frankly he doesn't bring much to the party. Jones will end up outproducing Redman IMO. But I really don't care who produces in the run game just as long as someone does. I want atleast 100 yards rushing and I don't care if I get it from one RB or three RB's combined. I just want rushing to be a serious part of our offense again.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I love Redman's toughness but frankly he doesn't bring much to the party. Jones will end up outproducing Redman IMO. But I really don't care who produces in the run game just as long as someone does. I want atleast 100 yards rushing and I don't care if I get it from one RB or three RB's combined. I just want rushing to be a serious part of our offense again.
    He's the teacher's pet. Doesn't that count for something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Probelm is a good Rushing team doesn't guarantee you Squat. In 2007, we were the 3rd BEST rushing team in the league at over 135 yards per game, and 4.7 per carry...and we didn't win nothing. Then the next year in 2008, we were near the bottom in team rushing at 105 yards a game, and easily the WORST rushing team in the playoffs...and yet we win the Super Bowl ???

Go figure. I don't wanna go back to the OLD 70's or the Bill Cowher conservative days of running the ball. But, I DO want it to be a legit THREAT in our offense. So as stated by others, it will allow us to open the passing game, and hold off on the amount of Pass rushers that can come after Ben cause they will have to at the very LEAST repect our running game, and the chance that we can use it. I want us to run the ball some games 35 + times a game AND be effective at it. That way in other games, we can run it say 15 to 17 times, but hold the defense at Bay cause of the threat of the ground game, and then we pass all over another team.

But the LAST thing this team needs is to go back to the Jerome Bettis days of 3 yards and a cloud of Dust. No way!!

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Steelers just need to run the ball enough to set up the Play Action Pass and to keep the heat off of BR7.......Who...Why or How doesn't matter........

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I hope we do not over commit to trying to force the run game. The old run run pass mind set needs not to happen

@rayfitt1: Mike Tomlin hinted there will be a rotation at RB vs. Titans. Isaac Redman explained why there shouldn't be:

http://t.co/Oq0tWYzM7H

get the **** out of here with that..."thats proven if i get my opportunity" that is skewing the numbers HARD not taking into account the games where he doesnt do anything and gets yanked in favor of someone else.

Ok so three games in his entire career he was running well enough to keep him in full time

They will start redman and if he isnt producing they will yank him, which is how it always has been and always will be

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    I hope we do not over commit to trying to force the run game. The old run run pass mind set needs not to happen
    Agreed. Personally, I feel this is one of the reasons why the Steelers had such a terrible rushing attack last season. They tried to force the run just because "it's the Steeler way!" Combine that with the fact that the franchise QB wasn't allowed to audible and you had a recipe for failure on offense.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    get the **** out of here with that..."thats proven if i get my opportunity" that is skewing the numbers HARD not taking into account the games where he doesnt do anything and gets yanked in favor of someone else.

Ok so three games in his entire career he was running well enough to keep him in full time

They will start redman and if he isnt producing they will yank him, which is how it always has been and always will be
    He has a legitimate point (if you take a second to let your hate subside lol). If you are ineffective on the first drive or 2, and get pulled for the other guy, it makes it difficult to establish a consistent ground game.

To open the season last year, 3 different RBs carried the ball in the 1st quarter...

Redman has a valid point, that anytime he's carried the ball more than 15 times... he's been very good.

It's a legit criticism that he started at the beginning of 2012 and failed to get it going in the 1st quarter and was basically handing the job over to Dwyer by the 2nd quarter/2nd or 3rd series.. but sometimes it is better to ride a back, even when he starts slow

2 sides to the coin type of thing...

Redman got 3 games to establish himself as the #1 last year. He failed to do that, but the coaching staff didn't help the situation

Redman will have a minimum of 1 game and a maximum of 4 games to start this year and establish himself as having value. If he fails to do that, he might finish the year on the wrong side of the active roster.

Im looking forward to seeing what he does Sunday. We havent really seen him this preseason... he dropped weight, and reports were he looked good early in camp...
    we're a better team if Redman can contribute
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 09-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

I understand getting in a rhythm and if hes the hot hand that is fine going with him, i am so annoyed by his wording there though acting like hes some kind of proven commodity based on the only 3 games where he has shown any kind of burst or consistent play at all.

He was poised to get plenty of opportunities in the browns game too, and fumbled them all away. he left that part out, must have been a cold day....lol

Ive never been so excited for a player that i find to be very unexciting like i am with Bell right now. I need to see him in live action, i just want to be impressed so bad lol

Thread Information