Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, who starts at RB Week 1?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Felix should start over Redman. Redman has been injured.

Redman said in a Quote today that he could have easily played in the last two preseason games. It was Tomlin's idea to not play him. Probably because he knew Bell was Hurt, and that they were gonna release Dwyer anyways, so why risk him playing in preseason games when he already knows Haley's offense, and the O-line. As where Howling and F.Jones did not.

But Redman was not injured. So that excuse is wrong.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Redman said in a Quote today that he could have easily played in the last two preseason games. It was Tomlin's idea to not play him. Probably because he knew Bell was Hurt, and that they were gonna release Dwyer anyways, so why risk him playing in preseason games when he already knows Haley's offense, and the O-line. As where Howling and F.Jones did not.

But Redman was not injured. So that excuse is wrong.
    Would you expect an injured player to say anything else? Of course he's going to say "I could have played."

And really, Jones is a much better RB for zone-blocking. You say Redman "knows the o-line." How so? It's a different o-line running a different type of blocking scheme. Really, Jones may know the o-line better than Redman does since he's had more preseason snaps.

And no, Redman's feelings still don't matter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Would you expect an injured player to say anything else? Of course he's going to say "I could have played."

And really, Jones is a much better RB for zone-blocking. You say Redman "knows the o-line." How so? It's a different o-line running a different type of blocking scheme. Really, Jones may know the o-line better than Redman does since he's had more preseason snaps.

And no, Redman's feelings still don't matter.

I don't know why we are discussing this. Starting Felix is not even an option. Tomlin has already announced that Redman IS the starting RB. And that he is not looking for a commitee of different RB's. He wants one starter, and one only for most of the game. And he already stated Redman is the guy.

End O story!!

Let redman smash the DL for a half and soften them up for Felix..

Ben should be a passing fool until we get Bell in.

Draft Pick
    I don't know why we are discussing this. Starting Felix is not even an option. Tomlin has already announced that Redman IS the starting RB. And that he is not looking for a commitee of different RB's. He wants one starter, and one only for most of the game. And he already stated Redman is the guy.

End O story!!
    Actually, the starting RB hasn't officially been announced. Though my fear is it will be Redman. He seems to be Tomlin's teacher's pet even though he's really just a mediocre, one-dimensional type of back.

By the way, I'd still like to know how Redman "knows the o-line" more than Jones does considering it's a new line with a different scheme.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Actually, the starting RB hasn't officially been announced. Though my fear is it will be Redman. He seems to be Tomlin's teacher's pet even though he's really just a mediocre, one-dimensional type of back.

By the way, I'd still like to know how Redman "knows the o-line" more than Jones does considering it's a new line with a different scheme.

He knows Pouncey, Gilbert, Adams and Foster's tendencies cause he has run behind them before. He knows the system better cause Redman has been learning the Blocking Schemes for MONTHS before Felix ever got here, and has practiced behind then for weeks before his Injury. As where Jones has not. What about those FACTS can't you understand. ? By the way, Felix Jones was the MAIN RB for Dallas last season, you know, the team who was DEAD LAST in Yards Rushing, and yards per attempt.

And this is the guy you think should be starting ? Truly Laughable.

By the way, Felix Jones was the MAIN RB for Dallas last season
    False. That would be DeMarco Murray. DeMarco Murray missed 6 games but was the starter for the other 10 he was healthy for. DeMarco had more starts, more carries, and more yardage last season than Felix Jones.

How was Felix the "MAIN RB" for the Cowboys last season?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    False. That would be DeMarco Murray. DeMarco Murray missed 6 games but was the starter for the other 10 he was healthy for. DeMarco had more starts, more carries, and more yardage last season than Felix Jones.

He just wants Redman to be the starter no matter what.

Considering all the hype we've heard about zone blocking, how can Jones logically not be the starter for the Steelers in Week 1? Redman isn't the right kind of RB for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post

Okay. But when he was the main RB, what was his YPC ? How good was Dallas rushing attack ? I suspect the answer to those questions are not good cause Dallas let him walk without even offering him a deal. No team offered him anything til Philly offered him a minimum contract. And even on a team void of ANY decent back-up RB's...Jones couldn't break into the top-4.

So although I do wish him the best of luck here as a Steeler. No way should anyone be touting him to be our opening day starter at RB. That's just flat out rigiculous.

Ben and Romo have about the same OL, they miss just as many games as each other every year.

Thread Information