Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: So, who starts at RB Week 1?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Felix should start over Redman. Redman has been injured.

    Redman said in a Quote today that he could have easily played in the last two preseason games. It was Tomlin's idea to not play him. Probably because he knew Bell was Hurt, and that they were gonna release Dwyer anyways, so why risk him playing in preseason games when he already knows Haley's offense, and the O-line. As where Howling and F.Jones did not.


    But Redman was not injured. So that excuse is wrong.

  2. #22
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Redman said in a Quote today that he could have easily played in the last two preseason games. It was Tomlin's idea to not play him. Probably because he knew Bell was Hurt, and that they were gonna release Dwyer anyways, so why risk him playing in preseason games when he already knows Haley's offense, and the O-line. As where Howling and F.Jones did not.


    But Redman was not injured. So that excuse is wrong.
    Would you expect an injured player to say anything else? Of course he's going to say "I could have played."

    And really, Jones is a much better RB for zone-blocking. You say Redman "knows the o-line." How so? It's a different o-line running a different type of blocking scheme. Really, Jones may know the o-line better than Redman does since he's had more preseason snaps.

    And no, Redman's feelings still don't matter.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Would you expect an injured player to say anything else? Of course he's going to say "I could have played."

    And really, Jones is a much better RB for zone-blocking. You say Redman "knows the o-line." How so? It's a different o-line running a different type of blocking scheme. Really, Jones may know the o-line better than Redman does since he's had more preseason snaps.






    And no, Redman's feelings still don't matter.



    I don't know why we are discussing this. Starting Felix is not even an option. Tomlin has already announced that Redman IS the starting RB. And that he is not looking for a commitee of different RB's. He wants one starter, and one only for most of the game. And he already stated Redman is the guy.


    End O story!!

  4. #24
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,776
    Let redman smash the DL for a half and soften them up for Felix..

    Ben should be a passing fool until we get Bell in.

  5. #25
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I don't know why we are discussing this. Starting Felix is not even an option. Tomlin has already announced that Redman IS the starting RB. And that he is not looking for a commitee of different RB's. He wants one starter, and one only for most of the game. And he already stated Redman is the guy.


    End O story!!
    Actually, the starting RB hasn't officially been announced. Though my fear is it will be Redman. He seems to be Tomlin's teacher's pet even though he's really just a mediocre, one-dimensional type of back.

    By the way, I'd still like to know how Redman "knows the o-line" more than Jones does considering it's a new line with a different scheme.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Actually, the starting RB hasn't officially been announced. Though my fear is it will be Redman. He seems to be Tomlin's teacher's pet even though he's really just a mediocre, one-dimensional type of back.

    By the way, I'd still like to know how Redman "knows the o-line" more than Jones does considering it's a new line with a different scheme.





    He knows Pouncey, Gilbert, Adams and Foster's tendencies cause he has run behind them before. He knows the system better cause Redman has been learning the Blocking Schemes for MONTHS before Felix ever got here, and has practiced behind then for weeks before his Injury. As where Jones has not. What about those FACTS can't you understand. ? By the way, Felix Jones was the MAIN RB for Dallas last season, you know, the team who was DEAD LAST in Yards Rushing, and yards per attempt.


    And this is the guy you think should be starting ? Truly Laughable.

  7. #27
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,835
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    By the way, Felix Jones was the MAIN RB for Dallas last season
    False. That would be DeMarco Murray. DeMarco Murray missed 6 games but was the starter for the other 10 he was healthy for. DeMarco had more starts, more carries, and more yardage last season than Felix Jones.

    How was Felix the "MAIN RB" for the Cowboys last season?

  8. #28
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    False. That would be DeMarco Murray. DeMarco Murray missed 6 games but was the starter for the other 10 he was healthy for. DeMarco had more starts, more carries, and more yardage last season than Felix Jones.

    How was Felix the "MAIN RB" for the Cowboys last season?
    He just wants Redman to be the starter no matter what.

    Considering all the hype we've heard about zone blocking, how can Jones logically not be the starter for the Steelers in Week 1? Redman isn't the right kind of RB for it.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    False. That would be DeMarco Murray. DeMarco Murray missed 6 games but was the starter for the other 10 he was healthy for. DeMarco had more starts, more carries, and more yardage last season than Felix Jones.

    How was Felix the "MAIN RB" for the Cowboys last season?


    Okay. But when he was the main RB, what was his YPC ? How good was Dallas rushing attack ? I suspect the answer to those questions are not good cause Dallas let him walk without even offering him a deal. No team offered him anything til Philly offered him a minimum contract. And even on a team void of ANY decent back-up RB's...Jones couldn't break into the top-4.

    So although I do wish him the best of luck here as a Steeler. No way should anyone be touting him to be our opening day starter at RB. That's just flat out rigiculous.

  10. #30
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,776
    Ben and Romo have about the same OL, they miss just as many games as each other every year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who starts at RB this week?
    By BLACKandGOLD in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. Who starts at QB??
    By stLlRfn14 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 05:26 AM
  3. It Starts Now.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •