Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade : A.Robinsons for Felix Jones

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Have you seen Jones play lately? Wasnt Frank Summers or Gary Russell available?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't seen him in the preseason with Philly.... has he played?
    Ii have seen plenty of his career, and am very familiar with his skill set. He was never a good fit in Dallas trapping run game. At the cost, I am excited to see him in zone system... he can run the stretch cut back as good as anyone (ok... that was a big of an exaggeration lol)

A 215 lb back, with 4.4 speed and good feet.... for the cost of a backup linebacker without a long term starting roster spot (woodley/jones/worrilds).... no brainer IMO

i mentioned jones yesterday, i think the eagles feared that he may be done, but he is a good one cut runner and if he can regain his speed somewhat he could be effective, especially in haleys offense

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I haven't seen him in the preseason with Philly.... has he played?
    Ii have seen plenty of his career, and am very familiar with his skill set. He was never a good fit in Dallas trapping run game. At the cost, I am excited to see him in zone system... he can run the stretch cut back as good as anyone (ok... that was a big of an exaggeration lol)

A 215 lb back, with 4.4 speed and good feet.... for the cost of a backup linebacker without a long term starting roster spot (woodley/jones/worrilds).... no brainer IMO
    Agreed. I'm all for this. Good fit for the scheme. Brings some speed that is clearly lacking at the position. I like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i mentioned jones yesterday, i think the eagles feared that he may be done, but he is a good one cut runner and if he can regain his speed somewhat he could be effective, especially in haleys offense
    agreed

im working flashbacks of Ark v LSU, when Arkansas shocked LSU in triple OT.... Mcfadden dominated, Hillis was a bull... but it was Felix who had 3 of the biggest plays in that game.

He's been a bust in the NFL... but I don't think he was every used properly

Draft Pick
    WOW, didn't see that coming. Thought they might just bring someone in. Who would of thought we would go through both of those 1st round back to back picks.

hes a far cry from the felix jones averaging 8 yards per carry at arkansas, but the zone scheme may bring back some of his explosion as he can probably run more confidently

Banned
    1 yr 715k contract for anyone interested
    (that's almost half what dwyer/redman make (1.35)

Draft Pick
    Should have just taken Duane Brown in the 1st and R. Rice in the 2nd. Yoi they screwed that one up.

My Mood
    Doubtful
    Jones has good speed, and did contribute a few "splash plays," as MT likes to say. But overall was a disappointment for the Cowboys: couldn't stay healthy, and not a really strong runner.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    A good insurance policy...

I also wonder if Tomlin's insistence that the Bell injury is not serious was because he did not want teams to see us in a desperate situation and ask for more in a trade.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information