Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steelers believe Bell has Lisfranc Injury

Bookmark and Share
    Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin indicated Thursday that rookie running back Le’Veon Bell is showing positive signs in his recovery from a mid-foot sprain suffered in Monday’s loss at Washington.

Tomlin told reporters that Bell is able to do some physical activity “without discomfort.” Moreover, Tomlin indicated that Bell will not need surgery for the injury.

Tomlin ruled out Bell for Saturday’s preseason game vs. Kansas City and did not offer a timetable for Bell’s return. Also, when asked about the idea of Bell being out six-to-eight weeks, he indicated that a recovery period of that specific length had not been mentioned to him.

With Bell out, Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman are the Steelers’ top two backs. Redman is currently dealing with a stinger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ells-recovery/

with this news it seems like 6 weeks will be the absolute maximum. If he's able to do some exercises without any discomfort then thats very encouraging

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Sorry but I think this is coach spin. Those type of foot injuries linger and last a long time. I hope Tomlin is right but I think his just spinning something. We've all seen how long these foot injuries last.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

@rayfitt1: Le'Veon Bell on sprained foot: "I'm already healing quick. As long as the process keeps going the way it is, I should be back pretty quick."

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Sorry but I think this is coach spin. Those type of foot injuries linger and last a long time. I hope Tomlin is right but I think his just spinning something. We've all seen how long these foot injuries last.
    Right but if it was a bad lisfranc he would be in a cast or boot to keep it from moving.. if he is actually moving it and active, it is probably not that bad, im sure the doctor would not let him move around... right??

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Ive sprained my lisfranc and my friend has really ****ed his up, the sprain isnt bad. Wouldnt linger more than like a high ankle sprain would. Playing on it without it healed is a terrible idea, but it doesnt take too too long to heal. This isnt like santonio holmes or MJDs lisfranc.

Remember when willie reid ****ed his up, he couldnt put weight on it for months and it ended his very average career

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ive sprained my lisfranc and my friend has really ****ed his up, the sprain isnt bad. Wouldnt linger more than like a high ankle sprain would. Playing on it without it healed is a terrible idea, but it doesnt take too too long to heal. This isnt like santonio holmes or MJDs lisfranc.

Remember when willie reid ****ed his up, he couldnt put weight on it for months and it ended his very average career
    I hope your right. But if you factor in that Bell really hasn't played in any preseason games, getting him to be productive in real, live action games is another issue AFTER he gets healthy.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information