Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2 thoughts

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Step away from the ledge, people. If they look like that on September 19th, then it is time to panic.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

as usual, if they dont win in a blowout in the preseason they are heading for a disappointing season and they suck.

Starting oline looked good last week, rough this week...its a work in progress. Theres still 2 games, i hope they go 0-4 in the preseason because it makes everyone cry

Couple of things I noticed.

- First and foremost, the o-line needs some help, however I do think that they'll improve. As its been mentioned a million times already, we only have one person returning at the same position as last year. Furthermore, they are learning a new blocking system and they played one of the better front-7s in the League... I think they'll be fine. I do not like how Gilbert is looking though.

- Paulson is a very good receiving TE, but my god he is rubbish at blocking.

- Sanders might very well be our best WR right now; he is looking very sharp. Speaking of WRs, Wheaton looks like the real deal too.

- On the subject of rookies! I feel like they are dropping Jarvis Jones back into coverage far more than what they would have done in a regular season game. I can only assume that this is because he needs the experience doing so. He actually did a decent job doing so, although he can look awfully slow in open Space from time to time.
    When he rushes the passer, I feel like he is engaging too high. He is FAR to easy to push out of balance. He does appear to be around the ball though, which is good.

- Same can be said about Thomas. He is just all over the place when given the chance. He is a keeper!

- Our d-line is shady... Hood is horrible and while I'm a Heyward fan, he needs to start showing more. Not really feeling McClendon either.

- Landry Jones had a very very nice game. I was impressed with his footwork and he made some ok decisions. He could become a solid backup if he continues to grow.

-

-
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    [QUOTE=JensK;553847

- Paulson is a very good receiving TE, but my god he is rubbish at blocking

-[/QUOTE]

This. He is definitely no Heath Miller when it comes to blocking and i can see.that hurting us if Heath doesnt get healthy soon

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Landry Jones was a bright spot. He's improving.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    as usual, if they dont win in a blowout in the preseason they are heading for a disappointing season and they suck.

Starting oline looked good last week, rough this week...its a work in progress. Theres still 2 games, i hope they go 0-4 in the preseason because it makes everyone cry
    Thank you. Reading some of the comments around here have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time. The offensive line played very well week one, not a peep about it on here. They struggle last night, and now we will have a top 10 pick in next years draft.

The overreactions in preseason are hilarious.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Third pre-season game is usually the "dress-rehearsal" for opening day. Will look for O-line improvement then; if it's not there that may spell trouble. Reserving judgement for now.
    STEELSPIKES

The actual Steelers should be getting upset enough to play harder now..... We shall see in game #3..

We have a handful of old guys and a lot of Tomlin young'ins. This is Tomlin's year... Colbert should be up his rear soon!

Banned

Game 2 thoughts

Beachum should start over foster

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Come on K. Your over exaggerating again. The O-line was alarmingly bad with poor QB protection and penalties.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information