Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell and Redman Injured

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I don't think this is an over reaction K.
    The kid has had virtually no preseason real game work. So we can't expect him to be effective in the season opener. Dwyer will probably start with Bell mixed in (hopefully)
    The other poster stated "We can't draft a good RB."

K said that is an overreaction.

You claim otherwise and then say that Dwyer may have to start the season opener with Bell hopefully mixed in. If it goes down that way, how does it mean that "we can't draft a good RB?"

Bell will STILL be a good RB, he just may not be ready to take over on week one. It is a HUGE overreaction.

Missing a game or two (if he does) at the beginning of the season=/=We can't draft a good RB
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

I don't think this is an over reaction K.
    The kid has had virtually no preseason real game work. So we can't expect him to be effective in the season opener. Dwyer will probably start with Bell mixed in (hopefully)
    Whats wrong with Dwyer?? If he played in SF with the read option he would be a golden boy.
    He ran for some nice plays when the line played ok..
    Tomlin should have thrown the red flag on the Dwyer fumble just to show he cares about his players. it was close to a knee down....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm not saying anything is wrong with Dwyer per say, I'm just dissapointed in what has transpired with Bell so far. But it's not a lost cause or anything.

But the play of the starting O-line? That is alarming. Karrigan of the redskins manhandled people (do I really have to say his name?) when they were pressuring Ben. Next week, I'm anxious to see the play of the O-line again. They are under the microscope IMO.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'm not saying anything is wrong with Dwyer per say, I'm just dissapointed in what has transpired with Bell so far. But it's not a lost cause or anything.

But the play of the starting O-line? That is alarming. Karrigan of the redskins manhandled people (do I really have to say his name?) when they were pressuring Ben. Next week, I'm anxious to see the play of the O-line again. They are under the microscope IMO.
    Dwyer looked as nimble as I have ever seen him. I was actually impressed by him for the first time. Even in his short gains, it seemed like he was making the first guy miss.

Kerrigan had a good game but note that he knew the screen was coming according to an article I read this morning. Fletcher recognized the formation and yelled to him to watch the screen. I assume (hope) we would do a better job disguising in the regular season.

The line did look awful though. However, there are a lot of guys playing new positions and Decastro/Adams are glorified rookies. It will hopefully come together. The biggest disappointment on the line last night was Pouncey.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Fletcher recognized the formation and yelled to him to watch the screen..
    Was that a clue for Ben to do something else? Maybe even take a few more steps back?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Tomlin should have thrown the red flag on the Dwyer fumble just to show he cares about his players. it was close to a knee down....
    Probably one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Was that a clue for Ben to do something else? Maybe even take a few more steps back?
    I doubt he was listening, as he was probably going through his pre-snap reads. Admittedly though, I saw that the ball was going to be at least batted down 2-3 seconds before he threw it. It is not a good sign when the D player backs away from the lineman on a screen...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Then you did not read the game thread from last night. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Then you did not read the game thread from last night. ;-)
    Oh I did. Hence the "one of" lol. I love Preseason overreactions. "We're gonna have a top 10 pick"... Bell sprains his foot so that means he's terrible lol. It's all very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Really... Tomlin has a problem with a RB fumble and loses his mind... That was a close play that deserved a red flag.
    Why doesn't he have a fit when Ben tosses the ball to the DL for 6 points...?

Thread Information