Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Ben goes down

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

If Ben goes down

How about we think positive as in what if Ben stays healthy all year and instead of thinking what if he gets hurt.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    There are a couple of exceptions (e.g. Cousins in DC, whoever ends up being the backup in Philly will be competent) but the main thrust of your point is right on. There are not enough good quarterbacks to even start in this league, so the backup position is very wanting on almost every team.
    One decent game when people couldn't game plan for him, and now Cousins is crowned as a great backup in waiting? I won't hold my breath.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    One decent game when people couldn't game plan for him, and now Cousins is crowned as a great backup in waiting? I won't hold my breath.
    Isn't that the case for most backups, that they come in when the other team cannot game plan for them (Ravens)? He then came in the next week and had a great game. Grad has had only one game like that in his entire career and Cousins did it in his first start.

Cousins>Grad
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I agree that Bruce is better than what we had last year... But if Ben goes down, we're done.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    cousins throws the ball pretty well....definitely somewhere around matt schaub when he was with atlanta (which didnt take a huge sample size for the texans to trade for him). Id say hes better than kolb and matt flynn, so thats worth something

Quote Originally Posted by Steelergolfer59 View Post
    How about we think positive as in what if Ben stays healthy all year and instead of thinking what if he gets hurt.
    Because that wouldn't fit in with the general "doom and gloom" attitude around here lol
    Last edited by Big T; 08-15-2013 at 08:55 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I was ready to move on from Lefty/Batch.......I'm not the biggest fan of Gradkowski or Landry Jones but I wanted a new vet backup and a young QB to develop so I can't complain........Just have to hope for the best if Ben misses a couple of games....lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Because that wouldn't fit in with the general "doom and gloom" attitude around here lol

The original post wasn't doom and gloom. The OP was just saying that he feels we have a competent back up.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The original post wasn't doom and gloom. The OP was just saying that he feels we have a competent back up.
    Thank you

I never said it was. The point was that making a thread like he suggested would be abnormal around here since there is generally a doom and gloom attitude from a lot of people on here.

Thread Information