Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone blocking scheme

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the oline is not undersized and thinking that is just buying into people saying "x player is small, but his best bet would be to move to a zone scheme at the next level" which is usually true, but you have to be able to move in a ZBS and that doesn mean be small....

Gilbert: 6-5 330, was talked about as a guard his rookie year because of his ability to pull and run
    Foster, 6-6 330, slimmed down because he was by far the worst fit forr a ZBS we had but has made a real case for himself
    Pouncey 6-5 310, one of the fastest and most athletic linemen in the league
    Decastro 6-5 310, one of the best guard prospects in the last decade, still a lot to learn about him but his size is protoype
    Adam 6-8, 330, again one of the most athletic big men in the league, is a terror as a blocker in the second level

Not even one of those guys would be considered undersized on any line
    Based on your info, one would assume that the offense will not be entirely based on the zone blocking scheme. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    i also agree but foster was slow last night they should give golic a shot at gaurd or beachum
    golic is terrible. beachum is a guy i like though, i think he brings a lot to the table, more than legs or essex ever did

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Based on your info, one would assume that the offense will not be entirely based on the zone blocking scheme. Do you agree?
    definitely not, its just implementing zone into the offense. plus bell is a pretty good fit for it

Rookie Free Agent
    It looked very good at times, DeCastro is going to become a star in this league I believe, and he was consistently completing blocks 7 yards down field, I feel this scheme, benefits a shifty type back, like you saw in the game, if people didnt see this scheme working to perfection with La rod Stevens Howling, they were getting a beer perhaps, the Giant Giants, pun intended,had a hard time finding him. It looked like a well oiled machine to me, but it only lasted a minute in a half or so, I like it a ton if this is a preview!

funny thing about LSH is he keeps gaining yards when no one (including myself) thinks he should

funny thing about LSH is he keeps gaining yards when no one (including myself) thinks he should
    He seems to have great vision for such a little ****..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    LSH made us all take notice didn't he? I mean I too didn't think he'd be that effective. Going forward, he could be the perfect 3rd down back for us.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    the thing about it I am sick of hearing third down back, he can run all three downs, kinda sick of the bullshit theories on little guys holding up

hes always been a third down back...dont you think if he could have he would have taken the reigns as the #1 back in AZ with beanie wells and ryan williams always being hurt?

Hes a perfect 3rd down back, can kinda block, is an excellent receiver and a tough runner

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    hes always been a third down back...dont you think if he could have he would have taken the reigns as the #1 back in AZ with beanie wells and ryan williams always being hurt?

Hes a perfect 3rd down back, can kinda block, is an excellent receiver and a tough runner
    I love The Hyphen but I'm a Pitt guy so I'm biased.....lol I had a man crush for Jon Baldwin....lol Bell and The Hyphen are going to have to carry the running game....Anything from Redman or Dwyer would be just a bonus....Dwyer needs to stop dropping screen passes......

Thread Information