Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Steelers vs giants

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I agree with just about everything you said prior to the part I am posting.

I would prefer to say that I am judging that game alone (and I believe NPB was as well).

It was not a blanket condemnation of Jones. I thought he looked slow and tentative. The reasons you give above are all valid and I agree. Still, he was slow and tentative.

But it begs the question, why the heartburn over the perceived criticism of Jones but not the praise of JD Woods, who people practically have penciled in as a starter against Tennessee? If it is too early to judge Jones (which is not even really what happened) for a lackluster first game, why is it not too early to judge Woods for a good one?

EVERYBODY here judged the performance of someone (Woods, the STs, Coach Smith, Coach Tomlin, Dwyer, Troy, Gay, etc.) but only a couple of comments about Jones drew any ire.
    People did the same thing with Adams last year when the eagles backup DE took him to school, im just saying i dont think thats an accurate way to judge a player. That game for instance showed he needs to work on sustaining his blocks after initial contact, not that he wasnt any good.

The only guy i have legit anything to say about it Al Woods, and thats after watching him for years now and the leaps and bounds he has made as a player. I was never concerned about NT because i thought out of Mcclendon, Woods, Taamu, and Fangupu we had to have a legit NT emerge and theres gonna be several guys making a case for that.

JD woods had a game like weve seen sean morey have, david gilreath have, and the other white guy that has been around the last few years (cant remember his name right now). We need to see a lot more from Jwoods and JBrown before making any kind of real opinions on them.

Remember when redman trucked julius peppers into the endzone in preseason? Left everyone dazzled but he is exactly the player i expected him to be, a forgettable one.

I was excited to see the game, to see them play, but im already over the preseason with all the whining about how everyone sucks and how undisciplined the team is....its the same year after year

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I was excited to see the game, to see them play, but im already over the preseason with all the whining about how everyone sucks and how undisciplined the team is....its the same year after year
    LOL We are definitely in 100 percent agreement on THAT. :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL We are definitely in 100 percent agreement on THAT. :-)
    The other 3 AFCN teams having a good showing in their first game I'm sure weighs on the minds out here.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Adams and Decastro went kinda unnoticed in the thread, but they actually played a great game. Both in the passing game and run game.

I just watched it all again. LSH could be a really underrated pickup. Jones best play was him dropping back in coverage, not looking like he knew why but then he blew through a blocker to trip up the RB on a screen. He overpursued at times, but he did have a good motor and his get off was not even close to as bad as NPB makes it seem. Definitely a little confusion at times though.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Adams and Decastro went kinda unnoticed in the thread, but they actually played a great game. Both in the passing game and run game.

I just watched it all again. LSH could be a really underrated pickup. Jones best play was him dropping back in coverage, not looking like he knew why but then he blew through a blocker to trip up the RB on a screen. He overpursued at times, but he did have a good motor and his get off was not even close to as bad as NPB makes it seem. Definitely a little confusion at times though.
    That is the part that I liked about Jones was his pursuit skills, his speed of pursuit too. The over pursueing is something that can be corrected. But your also right in the fact that Adams looked good out there. I didn't pay attention to Decastro but I did watch Adams.

I think were going to be alright...provided we see better play from the special teams. I guess that's what we all will be watching now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information