Thread: John Clayton on dem Steelers!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

John Clayton on dem Steelers!

http://tinyurl.com/23877d

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Cap room: $3.1 million
    New head coach Mike Tomlin needs to maintain what Bill Cowher built for years. The job won't be all that easy. He kept Dick LeBeau around to help with the 3-4 defense, but Tomlin may try to turn the Steelers into a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3, with the 3-4 being the base. Bruce Arians takes over as offensive coordinator. He wants to spread the field with four receivers, something Ben Roethlisberger likes, although Roethlisberger first has to buy into the change from Ken Whisenhunt to Arians. He also has to adjust to Ken Anderson as the quarterbacks coach. The Steelers need to find a big back to complement Willie Parker. T.J. Duckett could be that back at the right price. The Steelers have a tough assignment in replacing center Jeff Hartings, who retired. Tomlin also has to decide whether he likes vocal Joey Porter at outside linebacker. Cowher left Tomlin a playoff-caliber team. The Steelers have nine free agents who are all backups. It's up to Tomlin to get Pittsburgh back into the playoffs.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

**** duckett lol, im sick of hearing it

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I was interested in T.J. as a possible stop gap solution this year, but I have cooled mightily on that idea. He didn't make much of a contribution after his trade from the Falcons to the Redskins last year as far as I can see. I read somewhere on the net that he doesn't run as hard as his size (250) would indicate and that he is strictly a straight ahead guy with no wiggle.

He is only 25 with 5 years in the league, but I will leave the evaluation to better minds on this list. I didnt' hear his praises sung too mightily when the Steelers were rumoured to be looking at him. so I suppose he isn't in our future. TJ p;ayed for Michigan State and like Burress, he was awesome on the college level, I do not believe he is being used to his fullest potential in the Pros.

I am not worried about the 3/4 4/3 thing as I am sure the Rooney's had their say about that and many more things in the interview process.

Clayton`s last line is obvious but carried a lot of truth. He will be under huge pressure immediately from Steeler Nation.

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I never really liked Clayton or even Salsbury for that matter. So I think the Steelers will be fine without Claytons advice.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Clayton can go jump off a bridge along with everyone else at ESPN

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Used to love ESPN but they've gotten awful anymore ever since they got steve young then replaced him with A-Hole , I flip from fox to cbs for pre-game and listen to sirius nfl all week on the road

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I actually like Clayton most of the time, he's much better than many of the "analysts" you find out there; plus he's from Pittsburgh too.

Either way though he is right that BC left Tomlin a very high quality team and a playoff caliber one to say the least so now it's up to Mike to see how he can tweak this roster to make it his own and establish himself with the players and start building a rapport.

Cheaper back

Guess clayton read my mind Remember this when i posted it jan 30th

what do you guy's think about getting TJ Ducket ?
    Especially if we lose Davenport,,,,,,,,,,
    When washington got him i was pissed because i think he's a great short yardage back
    We could probaly get him pretty cheap

Guess i'm in the minority on duckett but i do think he'd get rejuvenated with our power running game

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    Guess clayton read my mind Remember this when i posted it jan 30th

what do you guy's think about getting TJ Ducket ?
    Especially if we lose Davenport,,,,,,,,,,
    When washington got him i was pissed because i think he's a great short yardage back
    We could probaly get him pretty cheap

Guess i'm in the minority on duckett but i do think he'd get rejuvenated with our power running game
    I would love to see TJ in the blackngold because I know how good he really is (at least he was in college) so I agree with you

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The only reason that Duckett interests me is that he'd be a veteran amongst a very young RB corp if Najeh doesn't come back. He could very well show us something awesome if he's given the chance so we'll have to wait and see.

Thread Information