Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another trade rumor... Fitz?

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Another trade rumor... Fitz?

Another trade rumor

St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting the Vikings may try and boost season ticket sales by trying to acquire Minneapolis native Larry Fitzgerald.

The deal would send the Vikings first pick, 7th overall, and players to the Cardinals in exchange for Fitzgerald.

This seems pretty far fetched. Why would the Cardinals want to trade Fitzgerald? Plus the Vikings could make a bigger splash trading up in the draft to grabCalvin Johnson.
    Last edited by Captcoolhand; 02-10-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't see the cards getting rid of Fitz especially with Whiz there now trying to establish some continunity between Leinart and the offense.

I heard about this one yesterday... I can't see it happening unless Whix thinks he can win without Larry

I also heard talk of Garcia to the Bears

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Another trade rumor

St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting the Vikings may try and boost season ticket sales by trying to acquire Minneapolis native Larry Fitzgerald.

The deal would send the Vikings first pick, 7th overall, and players to the Cardinals in exchange for Fitzgerald.

This seems pretty far fetched. Why would the Cardinals want to trade Fitzgerald? Plus the Vikings could make a bigger splash trading up in the draft to grabCalvin Johnson.

They will need more than that (if it is true) to boost ticket sales.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Fitz to be traded???

Coach Ken Whisenhunt is working on his coaching staff while focusing on the upcoming free-agency period. The Arizona Republic reports that offensive tackle Leonard Davis might be re-signed, while the Vikings might trade their No. 7 overall pick in April's draft, plus a player or two, for wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
    National Football League - CBS SportsLine.com

Id figure if they were going to trade one of their WR's it would be Boldin.

Whiz is gonna run this franchise into the ground lol, it might end up being a good move in the long run because theres no way they can sign both players long term....and they need oline and d

Reppin' 724
    nah, I would trade Fitz, I seriously think Boldin is better, and Fitz is worth more on the market.....perhaps some O-line help?

Actually I wouldnt trade either on them, I would actually draft a decent O-lineman or two, but if I had to trade one, Fitz would be it. They still haev Bryant Johnson (is that right?) who is a solid number two. Right now they have two number ones, they are going to lose one of them anyways via FA eventually.

Woah...now that I read the rest of your post K....I see we actually kind of agree.....weird!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Larry Fitz isn't getting traded. This stupid rumor started since Larry Fitz hadn't talked to Ken Whisenhunt and was upset that coach Green was fired. If people remember Fitz and Green have a history together starting when Green coached the Vikings and Fitz was the Vikings ball boy. So Coach Green was almost like a second father to Larry. But the last I heard during Super Bowl week Larry did finally speak with Whisenhunt and is excited about working with Ken.

If i were a cardinal fan,i'd be pissed ,,,,,,,, No way i'd trade fitz,what the hell are they

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    If i were a cardinal fan,i'd be pissed ,,,,,,,, No way i'd trade fitz,what the hell are they
    That would be a major step back for a franchise trying to turn the corner from the losing rut they've been stuck in for so long.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I can see why they would want him. He's a hometown boy in Minneapolis. His dad covered the team for the newspaper and he used to be the ball boy there as a kid. Unless they have trouble paying for him, Boldin, and Leinart then this probably won't happen.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Thread Information