Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SA Mock Draft

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

SA Mock Draft

I just put our names on a pieces of paper and put them in my spurs hat and shook it and drew the names out from there lol, so this is the order of our picks

Rules
    1. keep the talk in this thread http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3525, this thread is just for picks
    2. one round draft
    3. Must have the players HT and WT4. A review why you selected this player
    5. Little overview of the player.
    6. Maximum of 8 hrs starting after pick one you will have for each selection. If you know your not going to be here pass your spot along or send a pm to someone with your selections. after 24 hours are up, you lose the pick and i will reorder the names that draft for the team

ex. of how this looks when it done... http://www.the-sportszone.net/forum/...ead.php?t=6341

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
    2. Detroit Lions - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
    3. Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
    4. Tampa Bay Bucs - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
    5. Arizona Cardinals - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
    6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT Michigan
    7. Minnesota Vikings - Dwayne Jarret WR USC
    8. Houston Texans - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
    9. Miami Dolphins - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
    10. Atlanta Falcons – Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
    11. San Francisco 49ers - Leon Hall CB Michigan
    12. Buffalo Bills - Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
    13. St. Louis Rams - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
    14. Carolina Panthers - Laron Landry S LSU
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Spencer DE Purdue
    16. Green Bay Packers – Marshawn Lynch RB California
    17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Nelson S Florida
    18. Cincinnati Bengals - Brandon Merriweather S Miami (FL)
    19. Tennessee Titans - Paul Pusluszny LB Penn State
    20. New York Giants - Aaron Ross CB Texas
    21. Denver Broncos - Marcus Thomas DT Florida
    22. Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown OT Penn State
    23. Kansas City Chiefs - Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
    24. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
    25. New York Jets - Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
    26. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Griffin S Texas
    27. New Orleans Saints - Daymeion Hughes CB California
    28. New England Patriots - Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
    29. Baltimore Ravens - Michael Bush RB Louisville
    30. San Diego Chargers - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
    31. Chicago Bears - Zach Miller TE Arizona St.
    32. Indianapolis Colts – Jon Beason LB Miami
    Last edited by Koopa; 02-17-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    With the first pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Oakland Raiders select

JaMarcus Russell-QB/LSU

HT:6-5 WT:260

Russell has the arm to make all the throws at the NFL level. He really came on starting in his junior season to show the poise needed for the position. Won't confuse anybody with Michael Vick. But has the athleticism to make big plays as a scrambler. The bottom line Russell has all the tools to be an elite NFL QB.

Reason for pick-With the Raiders you could go in so many directions. But they are lacking a true potential franchise QB. So Jamarcus Russell was a no brainer with the first pick.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 02-10-2007 at 01:24 AM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With the second pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Detroit Lions select:

Joe Thomas OT/Wisconsin

HT: 6-7 WT:310

Thomas who on some websited is listed as 6-8 is a premier OL. He is a very good run blocker who does a good job of finishing his blocks, but he is an even better blindside pass protector. His quick feet, good balance, and near flawless technique make him an ideal left tackle prospect. Thomas has all of the intangibles you could want from a player on your team. He is an extremely hard worker who is constantly trying to improve his game. He is an intelligent player who has been an honor student everywhere he has been and he is a person of impeccable character.

Reason for pick-The Lions must find a way to protect their QB after giving up 63 sacks last season. Mike Martz believes he can win with just about any quarterback, and he has the track record to prove it. Rather than wait for Brady Quinn to develop, it looks like the Lions are going with either Jon Kitna or another free agent as their QB. They should have gotten there franchise QB a long time ago instead of wasting all their #1 picks on WR's (you can't fix stupid).

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

With the third pick in the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Cleveland Browns select:

Brady Quinn QB/Notre Dame

HT:6-4 WT:231

Quinn is great prospect at the quarterback position. He was a four year starter at Notre Dame where he found success despite one of the nation's toughest schedules. He has played in some of the biggest games and was a contender for college football's highest honors. He has all the tools to be a star in the NFL.

Reason for pick- Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson did look good at times, but Clevelad needs to take bigger steps in solving their quarterback problems that have plagued them for years. Quinn should excite the fans and may buy Romeo Crennel a couple more years as head coach.

With the 4th pick in the 2007 SA Mock draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

6-5 225

Player Bio:
    Johnson is a big, physically imposing target. He uses his size well to shield defenders away from the ball. He also uses it to out jump defenders on deep passes and jump balls. He is also very strong and that helps him get off of press coverage and as a downfield blocker. Johnson shows great ability to turn and twist his body in the air to make tough grabs. He adjusts well to get underneath passes as well and has shown the ability to make tough grabs from many different angles and in traffic because he positions himself so well. He also has shown great ability along the sidelines and in the back of the end zone. He is an excellent fade target.

My reason:
    While QB may be a more pressing need, there is no one worth using this high of a pick on and calvin johnson is to good of a prospect to let slip away. Johnson is strong and fast similar to TO but has always been a good student and stand up citizen. He is the best WR prospect since Fitzy and with Galloway getting up in years and clayton doing nothing thus far, passing on Johnson would be stupid.

Defensive end is also a possiblity with rice likely out but i like Johnson going to Tampa Bay this year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With the 5th pick in the 2007 SA Mock draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

Jamaal Anderson - DE - Arkansas

Considering the fact that Joe Thomas will most likely be gone, the Cardinals should be giddy with excitement if Anderson falls to them at this pick. Jamaal Anderson hasn't gotten a lot of national attention yet but he is a premier prospect who is coming off a junior season in which he totaled 19.5 tackles for a loss and 13.5 sacks. Many scouts liken him to a Richard Seymour type of player. Anderson has a lot of raw natural talent that will take some coaching to harness and perfect, but his upside potential is too much to pass up at this point. He has more than enough speed to chase down a RB or drop into coverage in the flat if the Cards decide to use him in that fashion. His large frame and long arms should suit him well to get the upper hand on the opposing lineman trying to block him and slow down his speed rushing capabilities.

Arizona needs help in several key areas, and DL is one of them considering their depth at this position is nothing special, and they've had some injury problems with highly regarded Bertrand Berry. Researching the Cards shows us that they aren't that far off from being a playoff caliber team but they need to sure up the DL, as well as address the OL, and DB positions as well. New head coach Ken Whisenhunt would love to grab a player like Joe Thomas here and the cards may try to move up to get him if they feel he'll be gone before they pick at #5. The other option here is to take a Levi Brown, but he is a reach at this juncture of the draft and taking him with the 5th pick would be overpaying potential. They could trade down a few spots to get more value and nab Levi with 9th or 10th pick.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    WelcomeBack pm'd me his picks so i could post them for him

Washington Redskins select Alan Branch DT Michigan

HT 6'6"
    WT 331

Has outstanding size and a huge frame...Extremely strong and powerful...Terrific athlete for his size...Able to take on multiple blockers...Versatile with experience at numerous positions in different schemes...Stout at the point and plays the run very well...Delivers a jolting initial punch...Sheds blockers well...Able to penetrate, collapse the pocket and make plays in the backfield...Still has some major upside.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...lanbranch.html

reason: the redskins need to upgrade their dline and branch will help with that right away

Reppin' 724
    7. Minnesota Vikings - WR Dwayne Jarret - USC

They are in deperate need of a big playmaking Randy Moss type WR. They would much rather have a chance at Calvin Johnson, but he won't fall this far. What they really though is a DT or DE, but I don't think they could pass up on Jarrett since they need a WR or two as well. If Anderson falls this far, they would take him in a hearbeat.

Jarrett is 6'5" 210 LBS and is able to jump up and take the ball away at it's highest point. He caught at least one pass in every game of his USC career. In only 26 games as a Trojan he took down 29 TD catches. Nuff said.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    8. houston texans- Adrian Peterson, 6'2, 218, RB, Oklahoma

info: From a physical standpoint, it’s hard to pick a better specimen than Adrian Peterson. He’s big and strong, but still has room for more growth. He couples that size with excellent speed, and very good athleticism. As a freshman, he proved he could carry the load, and even though he was dinged up as a sophomore, was still the focal point of the offense. Peterson will run it between the tackles, and lowers his shoulder upon contact. He will break arm tackles, and his speed allows him to bounce outside and break off long runs.

There really are only two questions with Peterson: his durability and his receiving ability. In his three seasons, he has had two seasons where he has either missed or been slowed by injuries for a substantial amount of time. With his long frame, Peterson runs upright and opens his body up for some unnecessary punishment at times. He also hasn’t proven much in the passing game. This is more because he has not been utilized as a pass catcher, but he still needs to show his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Of minor concern is his running style.
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/..._peterson.html

reason: well this past year they used running back by committee and it didn't work out that great...with peterson they finally have a real chance to have a franchise every down back. which will benefit carr or whoever they have throwing the ball...and peterson doesn't need to best of lines to be productive he's strong and fast enough to just make his own holes or get on the outside by himself

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 9th pick in the 2007 SA Mock draft the Miami Dolphins select:

Gaines Adams DE Clemson

HT: 6-5 WT: 260

An outstanding athlete.....Extremely quick and agile with very good speed. Has a tremendous first step and a great burst to close. Has very long arms and uses his hands well. Has the frame to get bigger and develop physically. Looks fluid when dropping into coverage. A terror in opponents backfields and has a knack of getting to the QB. Productive and disruptive, has the ability to play OLB in a 3-4 system.

This was a tough decision based on team needs. The Dolphins need help on both sides of the ball, this was a toss up between Adams, Okoye and Levi Brown. It came down to their bread and butter.....The defense, who somehow rise up every year. The defense is getting old and in big need of replacements whereas the OL well lets just say.....One player will not fix that, they need to address that in FA. I'm also thinking they might trade down for more picks.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information