Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SA Mock Draft

Bookmark and Share
    With the 10th pick in the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select:

Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State

HT: 5-11 WT: 175

Ted Ginn Jr. is second to none when it comes to speed... He's an electrifying runner in the open feild and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He's a great return man and a was former high school quarterback... very versatile and can be a threat a variety of ways. He needs to put on some weight he is actually lighter than 175... he says he loses 10-15 pounds during the season.

Atlanta's biggest weakness and subject of much criticism from the media has been their wide receivers... or lack thereof. Ginn will certainly improve their talent level and big play capabilities on the outside. The combination of Vick and Ginn is pretty exciting... he should create a buzz in Hotlanta and help their quarterback improve. A receiver like Ginn definitley improves quarterback ratings.

Falcon fans get ready for a lot of wide receiver screens... otherwise known as the "Ginn again" made famous by Jim Tressel.

With the 11th pick in the 2007 SA draft the san fransico 49ers select:

Leon Hall CB Michigan

5-11 194

BIO-Leon Hall had a tremendous career at Michigan and comes into the draft as one of the top corner backs available. Hall is a phisical and agressive cornerback with great coverage skills. Hall may be the type of CB that wwould thrive in a coverage zone scheme.

My reason- Personally i think hall is overrated but there is a need for CB on the 49er defense, this team is well on its way to success with Alex Smith coming around, they drafted Vernon Davis who is a huge target for smith and Gore has been tearing it up, while a WR would be the final piece to the offense, Bowe or rice would be a major reach with this pick so i say go defense and CB is one of there biggest needs. Amobi Okoye is a possiblity but he not a typical 3-4 tackle which is what the 49ers are trying to become.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    With the 9th pick in the 2007 SA Mock draft the Buffalo Bills select:

Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh

HT: 6'0" LBS: 200 40-Time: 4.45

Revis is an excellent cover man. He has excellent quickness, and shows the ability to easily mirror receivers throughout their route, and has the speed to keep up with them down the field. Revis has greating jumping ablitiy and can pick it off easily

With Nate Clements not being tagged will most likey not return for next year and the bills have no other really good cornerback. Plus the Bills have no other CB over 6 feet tall other than Clements.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    St. Louis Rams select Amobi Okoye DT 6'1 317 Louisville

Extremely strong...A solid athlete with good measurables...Stout against the run and is able to take on multiple blockers...Gets a good push and will collapse the pocket...Is able to shed blocks and clog up the middle...Shows great instincts for the game and is still developing...Smart player who is mature beyond his years and wants to improve...Quick and will penetrate and rush the passer...Still has a ton of potential and he could really be physically molded by a pro strength coach.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mobiokoye.html

reason: the rams need to upgrade that defensive line, and Okoye has shown he can play he's only 19 so he still has a lot of upside to him. so he's to good to pass up at this spot for the rams
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Reppin' 724
    14. Carolina Panthers - Laron Landry, S, L.S.U.

Reason - Picking here kind of sucks for the Panthers, they have a need at MLB, with Dan Morgan always hurt, but there really aren't any standout MLB's in this draft IMO. Rumors have Keary Colbert and Me-Shawn leaving this off-season, so we could see a WR here as well. They are pretty weak at S as well, so Landry should shore up the position for years to come.

Bio - A 6'2", 202 lbs, hard hitting safety who reminds me of Roy Williams. He has a little more of a nose for the ball than Williams. He only had 12 picks in 4 years so he may need to work on his hands. Average speed hurts him, and his penchant for trying for the big play may mean he misses a few tackles.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With the 15th pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Anthony Spencer - DE - Purdue. Height: 6-3 , Weight: 261

Spencer is the perfect fit for a defense like the Steelers run, his size and speed are similar to that current Pro Bowler Joey Porter. Anthony has all the qualities and potential to be a perfect 3-4 defensive Linebacker. Clearly his breakout year came in 2006 when he finished with 93 tackles and 10.5 sacks. He was overshadowed by Ray Edwards and Rob Ninkovich before but finally was able to see his draft value rise in 2006 and is being projected as the top 34 LB assuming he can make the transition to that position in a successful manner. He's big enough to play outside and rush the QB, as well as stop the run, and athletic enough to drop into coverage.

Reasons: This was a TOUGH pick mainly because the 15th pick is alittle early to grab Spencer when we could trade down and get him at around pick 20 atleast more than likely. Still though, the play of Haggans has declined the last 2 years overall, and our LB needs some hungry youth to be infused into the group which should serve to make everyone better. I thought of taking Levi Brown here as well but when you look at the needs the Steelers have, LB is a key one. Spencer will need some polishing but he could fit very well into our scheme. It's a catch 22 because we need help at OL as well and Levi Brown is available but the Steelers feel good about our situation at Tackle with Colon, Marvel Smith, Max Starks and Trai Essex so guard is more of a need than Tackle at this point. All in all I think Spencer can be the versatile type of player we need to make the transition to LB for us no matter what scheme we run.

The other option here at LB/DE was Jarvis Moss who is ranked higher on many mock's, but he really only played in 2005 and 2006 and his stats were good but not great, plus Spencer has more starts and experience.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    With the 16th pick in the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Green Bay Packers select

Marshawn Lynch-RB/California

HT: 5-10 WT: 222

Is a strong inside runner that runs through arm tackles and can absorb hard hits. He also keeps his legs churning to fight for yardage. Lynch, shows the quickness, agility and burst to bounce runs outside. Once at full speed, can reach the corner. Lacks the initial breakaway speed and explosiveness. He also needs to work on his blocking and route running since he didn't do much of both in college.

Reason for the pick-I wanted to take a WR to give Brett Favre another bigtime target to make one last run. I could have went with Dwayne Bowe but I felt the 16th spot was alittle early for Bowe. Now if Ginn would have been here. Then he would have been the pick. I just felt Marshawn Lynch was the best pick from a value stand point and Ahman Green is getting up there in age. So the Pack do need a young bigtime RB. One final note on Lynch. He was charged with sexual assualt so that could hurt his draft stock.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 02-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    this pick is what welcomeback sent me

Jacksonville Jaguars select Reggie Nelson S Florida

HT 6'1"
    WT 193

An outstanding natural athlete...Good speed and quickness with terrific range...A ballhawk and impact playmaker in the secondary...Is very instinctive...Aggressive, physical and a big hitter who plays much bigger than he is...Is more than willing to come up and help support the run...Versatile and may be able to play multiple positions...Very productive and has a knack for being around the action...Upside.

reason: the jags current safety is gonna be a free agent, and with reggie nelson being one of the top safeties of this class it makes sense to take him here
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

With the 18th pick the Cinncinatti Scumbags select:

Brandon Merriweather S Miami (FL)

6-0 185

Hes a Hard-hitting defensive back who won a starting role at strong safety in spring 2005...Team leader who started most of the 2004 season at free safety...In three seasons has never missed a game, seeing action in 40 games and making 19 starts...Has career totals of 202 tackles (123 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, 17 passes defensed and six interceptions...Has a compact frame but can lay a hard hit on opposing receivers...His athletic ability and cover skills helped him develop into a top safety...Has exceptional closing speed....Plays in the slot in the nickel defense...

Personally i think hes better than griffin and will up his stock at the combine, cincys defense is pathetic all the way around and Merriweather fits the mold of your average cincinatti thug, he has some character issues and a few run ins with the law....its almost made to be. And since the bengals wont be able to draft former hurricane thug willie williams until next year (or year after) who was arrested 11 times recently....merriweather will have to do, i think he will fit in nicely with:
    Matthias Askew - DT (2006) resisting arrest.
    Chris Henry - WR (2005) possession of marijuana. (2006) unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm.
    Eric Steinbach - G (2006) Boating under the influence.
    Frostee Rucker - DE (2006) Spousal battery.
    Odell Thurman - LB (2006) Driving while intoxicated.
    A.J. Nicholson - LB (2006) Burglary, grand theft.
    Reggie McNeal - WR (2006) resisting arrest.
    Deltha O'Neal - CB (2006) Driving while intoxicated.
    Johnathan Joseph - DB (2007) Possession of marijuana.

With the 19th pick in the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Tennessee Titans select:

Paul Pusluszny LB Penn State

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 235

Paul started at Penn State as a true freshman and would leave "Linebacker U's" career leader in tackles. I'm sure he has one of the largest trophey rooms in PSU history, but his play on the feild speaks for itself. He has everything you look for in a linebacker and a work ethic that will seldomly be matched.

"I hear the thunder when he's out there,'' Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, the North team's head coach, said of Posluszny. "I turn around and it's No. 31, knocking somebody sideways in the hole. All I know is that this guy will hit you hard and hit you often."

Reason- The Titans could go a lot of different ways with this pick... WR, OL, DL, LB, and DB. There defense needs some help and I think you can plug Puz into any defense with his experience.

Thread Information