Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Defense

My Mood
    Addicted

Pirates Defense

Man, was that a really rough first (and eighth) inning to watch. 3 errors in one inning is unreal. This defense has got to get it together.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Man, was that a really rough first (and eighth) inning to watch. 3 errors in one inning is unreal. This defense has got to get it together.
    The Pirates actually have been one of the best defensive teams all season....Just had a rough day today.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    bump

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Pirates actually have been one of the best defensive teams all season....Just had a rough day today.......
    Not gonna lie, I haven't been watching many games this season until recently, but from what I've been reading it seems like these errors aren't an uncommon occurrence.

My Mood
    Mad
    Not gonna lie, I haven't been watching many games this season until recently, but from what I've been reading it seems like these errors aren't an uncommon occurrence.
    Andrew McCutchen has won a gold glove and will win another one this year....Starling Marte's defense is gold glove material........Russell Martin is very good defensively behind the plate.......Clint Barmes has one of the best gloves at short stop in all of baseball but has made a surprising 8 errors this year at short but he will be alright......Now Pedro Alvarez has made a team high 17 errors at third base year but he is more known for his power hitting but still Pedro has made strides as a fielder....Jody Mercer who has split time between shortstop and 2nd base this year has made 9 errors but really this is his first extent playing time in the Major Leagues so he is going through some growing pains.....

In baseball you want to be strong up the middle defensively.....The Pirates are that with Cutch in center, Barmes at shortstop, Walker at 2b, and Martin at catcher......So yes the defense does need to better at times but the Pirates are strong defensively at key positions......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Andrew McCutchen has won a gold glove and will win another one this year....Starling Marte's defense is gold glove material........Russell Martin is very good defensively behind the plate.......Clint Barmes has one of the best gloves at short stop in all of baseball but has made a surprising 8 errors this year at short but he will be alright......Now Pedro Alvarez has made a team high 17 errors at third base year but he is more known for his power hitting but still Pedro has made strides as a fielder....Jody Mercer who has split time between shortstop and 2nd base this year has made 9 errors but really this is his first extent playing time in the Major Leagues so he is going through some growing pains.....

In baseball you want to be strong up the middle defensively.....The Pirates are that with Cutch in center, Barmes at shortstop, Walker at 2b, and Martin at catcher......So yes the defense does need to better at times but the Pirates are strong defensively at key positions......
    I KNOW the needed to be better in that Nats game

My Mood
    Mad
    I KNOW the needed to be better in that Nats game
    162 game season......Patience is required during the baseball season......I mean you point to one game but I'm telling really besides Pedro at 3rd base their defense is above average.........

You can't have a gold glove fielder at every position.....lol Like I said Cutch and Marte are gold glove quality and they cover a ton of ground in the outfield.....Really its like having two centerfielders in the outfield.......Barmes is really strong defensively at short stop but has made a surprising 8 errors on the season....Walker is above average at 2b and Martin is strong behind the plate.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    162 game season......Patience is required during the baseball season......I mean you point to one game but I'm telling really besides Pedro at 3rd base their defense is above average.........

You can't have a gold glove fielder at every position.....lol Like I said Cutch and Marte are gold glove quality and they cover a ton of ground in the outfield.....Really its like having two centerfielders in the outfield.......Barmes is really strong defensively at short stop but has made a surprising 8 errors on the season....Walker is above average at 2b and Martin is strong behind the plate.....
    Yeah well it was the one game that I was at

My Mood
    Mad
    Yeah well it was the one game that I was at
    I feel you trust me...its been 20 years of crap....lol I was 13 the last time this team had a winning record/made the play-offs.....Lost in the NLCS three straight years....To be so close to the World Series and have your heart ripped three straight years was devastating........Then to have the 20 straight losing seasons has been baseball hell....lol This team still could collapse again but I have a really good feeling about them this year....Just stay the course.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    I feel you trust me...its been 20 years of crap....lol I was 13 the last time this team had a winning record/made the play-offs.....Lost in the NLCS three straight years....To be so close to the World Series and have your heart ripped three straight years was devastating........Then to have the 20 straight losing seasons has been baseball hell....lol This team still could collapse again but I have a really good feeling about them this year....Just stay the course.....
    I was in the womb the last time this team had a winning record..

Thread Information