Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSZ Sits Down With Dan for an Interview

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE

TSZ Sits Down With Dan for an Interview

Well I got the opportunity to sit down with Steelersfan (Dan) for a few minutes to get his view on Steeleraddicts.com and some of his thoughts on TSZ. Take a quick tour in the mind of Dan as I bounce some questions off of him.

Mike: How are you doing SF? Glad you could sit down with me in this short time to talk about things. A lot of current members are either a part of his new site or are still even here from when he started TSZ. Thank You

Dan: Thanks Mike. I'm just glad the merge between your site and TSZ worked out for everyone. Especially the members who have been at TSZ since the beginning.

Mike: Well you are the Admin of Steeleraddicts.com and well how is everything coming along since the switch from this site to a “Team” based board? Why make the switch

Dan: To be truthful it was hard to find good members for an all sports forum and keep them. There are so many around. TSZ got pretty slow at one point in time and I decided I wanted to go with something I enjoy and love to talk about, the Steelers.

Mike: Why should non-Steeler fans sign up at Steeler Addicts?

Dan: While we are mainly a Steelers forum full of Steeler fans we still love to talk about football and other sports in general. We have some really good members now who are fans of other teams. Not to mention (like TSZ) the arcade, bookie and other funs things to at SA.

Mike: During your time of the switch from TSZ to SA why did you come to my site and ask me to merge with Koopa and ROY? Why me? Was I the first one to jump on the opportunity to help out or was there something else?

Dan: There have been many "attempted" merges at TSZ. One worked out well for a few months and then kind of died off. The main reason I asked you is because you seemed like a good person who knew what he wanted to do with a forum. That is what TSZ needed. I figured you would bring that and TSZ gave you the best forum software out there with some cool mods already setup. Looked like a win, win for both sides to me.

Mike: Do you regret in anyway leaving this site in someone else’s hands?

Dan: Not at all. I pay the hosting, koopa paid for the VB license and you basically run it. I just wanted to see TSZ do well if it were to stay open. Another reason I mentioned the merge to you.

Mike: Well since you are a Steelers fan and all who is your all time favorite player? And Why?

Dan: That's a tough one. There's been so many that I have enjoyed watching through the years. Couples of my favorites are Hines Ward, Rod Woodson, Jack Lambert and Jerome Bettis. Mostly because of the attitudes they played with.

Mike: The Steelers won The Super Bowl (XL) Last year what did you think of the game? Did you think the refs had a negative on the game or was it just hype?

Dan: I thought a couple of the calls were touchy to say the least. By that I mean they aren't usually called. I don't think the refs were bad enough that they changed the outcome of the game though. The Steelers took advantage when they needed to and Seattle didn't.

Mike: Well I am a moron so I thought I would use a question accidentally that I used in a previous interview and not proof read it. Sob besides running the board and being the networking guru, and always taking time to answer my questions what does Brian do in his spare time?

Dan: Brian? Bengal Brian? He's probably trying to raise money to bail out all those Bengal players!

Thanks for your time

House of Steel
    Nice, very nice. That is a clever idea there, Mike. I enjoyed reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Nice, very nice. That is a clever idea there, Mike. I enjoyed reading this.
    good to hear, It was a good time.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I felt like I was right there at the interview, I am in awe !!

Great job Mike !

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I felt like I was right there at the interview, I am in awe !!

Great job Mike !
    Thanks bro it was fun

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wanted to use the old Bill Cowher interview technique and say "We are where we are" but just couldn't do it.....lol
    Thanks for the interview Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I wanted to use the old Bill Cowher interview technique and say "We are where we are" but just couldn't do it.....lol
    Thanks for the interview Mike.
    No thank you, you didnt have to do it.

Need to setup a live feed so we all can listen/watch next time

Great job guys!

House of Steel
    is that possible, AZ? Hmmmmmm. Very interesting.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yes it is HoS and I do have a webcam somewhere around here.....lol

Thread Information