Thread: Wilson excited about Steelers running game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Wilson excited about Steelers running game

http://news.steelers.com/article/73675/

Our new RB coach has huge shoes to fill and a legacy to follow that you just don't see much of, if at all in this day and age anymore. He's a young guy who seems upbeat and excited about working with Willie & Dan so Im anxious to see how they do under him and how well he works with Larry Zierlein.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    "That is the challenge right now – how can I make Willie Parker better, how can I make Dan Kreider better. How can I make each individual better? That is the challenge and that's what excites me about this opportunity. It's a good group already playing together at a high level now I have to try to help them play at an even higher level."
    Wilson has been coaching since 1985 and he has 10 years in the NFL. I just hope he can find the answers to those questions as quick as possible and have our backfield ready for the upcoming season.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Chatty
    I like the enthusiasm of the new team! Maybe we all did need a new change in our Steeler organization. I'm really excited about this season. I don't really know much about these new coaches but have faith! Go Steelers!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

The more stuff I read the more I'm seeing this coaching change was probably for the best. When someone is around for ever things kind of get into a routine tot he point you are simply going through the motions. With all these changes I'm starting to feel like we are going to see one awesome Steelers team this next season!

Gold Standard

I totally agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    The more stuff I read the more I'm seeing this coaching change was probably for the best. When someone is around for ever things kind of get into a routine tot he point you are simply going through the motions. With all these changes I'm starting to feel like we are going to see one awesome Steelers team this next season!
    The changes are going to shake things up a bit. The click of Cowher's boys who were guaranteed roster spots regardless of work ethic or talent will now have to earn their way! Some people are of the belief that the Rooney family should be greatful for the years Cowher gave them.......I am not amongst them! I believe he should be greatful to the Rooney's for standing by him through all the "Schottenheimer protege choking seasons" when many other teams would have canned him and looked for a new leader! He could not have built the "Cowher" legacy with any other team because no other team would have ever displayed the patience with him that the Steelers did! That is why Mr. Tomlin is now occupying the most coveted job in professional coaching IMO! The Rooney's are not meddling owners like Jerry Jones in Dallas or Daniel Snyder in Washington. They pick their coach to lead the team and then they get the hell out of the way and let the man do his job! I too am expecting great things from the 2007 Steelers! Its an exciting time to be part of Steeler Nation!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information