Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else would like to see Steeler Cheerleaders?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

You just don't want your woman catching you drooling!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    The chicks in texas aint ****, been there done that. Gimme a western PA girl any time.

To answer the thread, NO to cheerleaders, we don't need'em.
    I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy! Cheerleaders???? We don't need no stinkin formal cheerleaders!

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I disagree with the "old fashioned" idea. Most all, if not all, of the NFL cheerleaders have "calendars" and also "will hire out to private parties."
    Now this is a good idea if you are talking about hiring them for a bachlor party, or to have some kind of fun. The Rooneys do not mix football and sex. Our cheerleaders are all of the fans, like you and me, who cheer on their team each week, we do not need professionals, we do just fine
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Gold Standard

You do NOT have to look very hard at all!

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.
    Like floodcitygirl says,
    Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy!
    They are all around you! You don't have to look hard to find beautiful women in Pittsburgh!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.
    A man after my heart
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Stillers....I can't believe I'm saying this....but that was one of the more intelligent posts that I've seen on a forum. Sincere Kudos to you and your wife.

If I'm not mistaken the Steelers were one of the 1st teams to have cheerleaders, so tell me how are the Rooney's old fashioned? They were students from Robert Morris.

Steelerettes

Actually the Steelers did have the 1st cheerleaders.

Tryouts for the NFL's first cheerleaders began in the spring of 1961. Overseeing this momentous event was "the father" of the Steelerettes, William V. Day, and RMJC cheerleading sponsor, Garnet Glover. The girls were selected on the basis of appearance, personality, coordination and gymnastic ability. Oh, yes, and they were also required to maintain a 2.0 grade point average. The first few squads were required to take a written exam testing their knowledge of football in general, and the Steelers in particular. This meant they should be able to identify the Steelers quarterback (Bobby Layne), the coach (Buddy Parker), and have some clue as to who Buddy Dial and "Big Daddy" Lipscomb were. Hey, this wasn't easy. The written exam was dropped in 1964.

Thread Information