Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Who else would like to see Steeler Cheerleaders?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    You just don't want your woman catching you drooling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    The chicks in texas aint ****, been there done that. Gimme a western PA girl any time.

    To answer the thread, NO to cheerleaders, we don't need'em.
    I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  2. #12
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy! Cheerleaders???? We don't need no stinkin formal cheerleaders!

  4. #14
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink

    I disagree with the "old fashioned" idea. Most all, if not all, of the NFL cheerleaders have "calendars" and also "will hire out to private parties."
    Now this is a good idea if you are talking about hiring them for a bachlor party, or to have some kind of fun. The Rooneys do not mix football and sex. Our cheerleaders are all of the fans, like you and me, who cheer on their team each week, we do not need professionals, we do just fine
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  5. #15
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    You do NOT have to look very hard at all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.
    Like floodcitygirl says,
    Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy!
    They are all around you! You don't have to look hard to find beautiful women in Pittsburgh!

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  6. #16
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

    I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.

  7. #17
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.
    A man after my heart
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.
    Stillers....I can't believe I'm saying this....but that was one of the more intelligent posts that I've seen on a forum. Sincere Kudos to you and your wife.

  9. #19
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    If I'm not mistaken the Steelers were one of the 1st teams to have cheerleaders, so tell me how are the Rooney's old fashioned? They were students from Robert Morris.

    Steelerettes

  10. #20
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Actually the Steelers did have the 1st cheerleaders.

    Tryouts for the NFL's first cheerleaders began in the spring of 1961. Overseeing this momentous event was "the father" of the Steelerettes, William V. Day, and RMJC cheerleading sponsor, Garnet Glover. The girls were selected on the basis of appearance, personality, coordination and gymnastic ability. Oh, yes, and they were also required to maintain a 2.0 grade point average. The first few squads were required to take a written exam testing their knowledge of football in general, and the Steelers in particular. This meant they should be able to identify the Steelers quarterback (Bobby Layne), the coach (Buddy Parker), and have some clue as to who Buddy Dial and "Big Daddy" Lipscomb were. Hey, this wasn't easy. The written exam was dropped in 1964.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A Nice Joke For The Season Opener
    By Black@Gold Forever32 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 12:41 AM
  2. re: Steeler Nation Down Under
    By Woodson_DownUnder in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 02:13 PM
  3. Hello Fellow Steeler fan
    By Steelers7fan in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Becoming a STEELER FAN !
    By BlitzburghNation in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •