Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
We were in the "top half", and lost 2 of the primary contributors to that (from a receiving standpoint). yes, a healthier(but older) Miller will help...
Moore has been every bit the player that Cotch has (yes, in a more naturally prolific offense). Last season was a career one for Cotch as far as TDs go (half of his previous career total). He was steady and a good character guy in the locker room but far from irreplaceable. We could not run in the red zone, the Ds would clamp down on options 1 and 2 (AB/Heath), so Ben would go to 3. Moore can do that. As far as Sanders, I will start by saying that I have been saying all along that the criticisms of his drops are overstated. I am in the small minority, so this is not just Sanders hate. 700 yards and 6TDs is not out of the question for Wheaton if his routes and hands are as good as other players and coaches seemed to believe last season.

My goal isn't to be in the top half....
I get that but a lot of things can help the passing game. Ben not throwing turds the first few games. A continuation of the pass blocking in the second half of season. A running game that allows the threat of play action to AB or even DHB deep.

a little?
See above.

it's a core with 1 great player and 1 good veteran #3/#4... that's all it is right now...
I contend that Wheaton is the wild card. IF the coaches think he is =or>Sanders, it turns the corps into a workable unit (albeit one that could still use more depth). If not, you are right.