Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Talk

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    IF, and it's a big IF,...Nix is as dominant as some are claiming, then I could see them going with Nix because him pushing with JJ and Heyward would give us the pass rush we've been lacking and that will help the secondary also. Trickle effect.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    IF, and it's a big IF,...Nix is as dominant as some are claiming, then I could see them going with Nix because him pushing with JJ and Heyward would give us the pass rush we've been lacking and that will help the secondary also. Trickle effect.
    I don't think you can build a defense around Nix as much as you could with a Dennard/Gilbert/Mosley/Dix. I know it is a key component in a 3-4 defense, I just think NT in the 1st is a reach now.

I wouldnt be upset if they took Nix, but I dont think he is the answer at NT.

My dream would be to draft Dennard/Gilbert and move Ike back to S.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    That sounds great getting Denard and moving Ike to Safety but with no pass rush, they are going to get lit up. We need to find a way to do both.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    That sounds great getting Denard and moving Ike to Safety but with no pass rush, they are going to get lit up. We need to find a way to do both.
    The pass rush was coming on towards the end of the season. It came on when Worilds showed that he is legit besides being in a contract year. I fully expect JJ to put on some muscle and weight and break out next season which will help the pass rush as well.

I believe we draft another DE and a NT in the draft. I just wouldnt go with Nix in the 1st. No way. Not if you can get shutdown/ballhawk corners like Dennard/Gilbert.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I don't think you can build a defense around Nix as much as you could with a Dennard/Gilbert/Mosley/Dix. I know it is a key component in a 3-4 defense, I just think NT in the 1st is a reach now.

I wouldnt be upset if they took Nix, but I dont think he is the answer at NT.

My dream would be to draft Dennard/Gilbert and move Ike back to S.
    First let's understand that Nix is the answer at NT, it just might not be what we want, or truly need, that is for whoever is running this defense needs to decide. But if you're talking NT's its Nix and then everyone else. I'm waning on whether it's the value we need at 15, although, I'm still in the camp of it's more value than any WR not named Watkins. If we get a Coleman later or even Donald in the 2nd I won't be heartbroken as long as we're making the right choices with those other picks.

I'm also not sold on the move Ike to S.......why so he can drop even more interceptions? Too much money for that mess.

I'm really scared Mosely is going to be there when we pick, while it's not our most pressing need, I don't know that I could pass him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Rookie Free Agent
    I actually like Stephon Tuitt better. Plus we are gonna need a DE of the future opposite Heyward and we have a NT in McClendon

2nd String
    My 3 Favorite Prospects in this draft are

WR Paul Richardson
    FB JC Copeland
    FS Marqueston Huff

My Mood
    Manic
    Clowney is a once in a lifetime player but a total headcase he quit the bench press at the combine he also dictated what drills he would compete in he only chose ones he would do well at. my hope is that the steelers take dennard gilbert or verret somewhere in the draft or kony ealy in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Clowney is a once in a lifetime player but a total headcase he quit the bench press at the combine he also dictated what drills he would compete in he only chose ones he would do well at. my hope is that the steelers take dennard gilbert or verret somewhere in the draft or kony ealy in the first round
    Ealy is not a 3-4 DE.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    He told teams beforehand that he would only be doing the measurable drills, not the on-the-field drills. He didn't "pick and choose"... No different than a QB deciding not to throw.

Thread Information