Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Talk

Bookmark and Share
    He'll go in the top 10.....of the second round
    Last edited by K Train; 01-08-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He'll go in the top 10.....of the second round
    sounds like you want to make some sort of bet?

maybe we can make a bet around 10 draft predictions we disagree on? Sound fun? Too soon? Sooner is better...

1. Manziel will go in the top 10
    2. Dennard will be the 1st CB drafted

what else you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

I'll take the manziel bet

I wont dispute that dennard might be the first CB taken, that sounds pretty realistic

Assistant Coach
    I'll take the manziel bet

I wont dispute that dennard might be the first CB taken, that sounds pretty realistic
    I think we need to have a bigger list of bets... you need to put some skin in the game

You know I was not on the Manziel bandwagon what so ever at the start of this year... He's changed my mind, and I've been sticking my neck out there as long as anyone in the national sports media/internet draftnickery...

surprise me with some viewpoints of your own that don't align with the trends... and yes, it's too late to jump on the Blake Bortles bandwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Rookie Free Agent
    What do you guys think of Stephon Tuitt from Notre Dame? He has the size of some of our NT and they saw has good speed for his size. If he has a good 40 time at the combine I would say take him. Could fit in as a 5 technique. Im ready to move on from Ziggy Hood as the long term answer at LE

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I think we need to have a bigger list of bets... you need to put some skin in the game

You know I was not on the Manziel bandwagon what so ever at the start of this year... He's changed my mind, and I've been sticking my neck out there as long as anyone in the national sports media/internet draftnickery...

surprise me with some viewpoints of your own that don't align with the trends... and yes, it's too late to jump on the Blake Bortles bandwagon
    haha im not on the bortles bandwagon....hes got ryan nassib syndrome

I get the appeal on manziel, his escapability, ball placement, and acceleration is great. I dont think teams will be able to pull the trigger on the top 10 when he comes in at 5-10 7/8 added with the fact that hes kind of a dick, an alchoholic, and might only care about being famous.

An undersized RS sophomore QB with the possibility of having agendas unrelated to football.....not something to put the state of your franchise on imo.

I think of some more throughout the day though

Quote Originally Posted by huntem View Post
    What do you guys think of Stephon Tuitt from Notre Dame? He has the size of some of our NT and they saw has good speed for his size. If he has a good 40 time at the combine I would say take him. Could fit in as a 5 technique. Im ready to move on from Ziggy Hood as the long term answer at LE
    Tuitt is awesome, he would be a bad man with heyward

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I am all about Tuitt. He would make our LBs that much better. Some here are pushing the NT from Notre Dame and we do need to get better there but I have a hard time using the number 15 pick on a guy who will play no more than 15 plays against the high octane passing teams because we are in the nickel or dime.

Another argument against is that we have used so many high picks on both lines. That is irrelevant, IMO. Those picks are gone and cannot be undone. The hole is still there and it needs to be filled. If Ben had busted, we still would have picked another high QB a couple years later.

In the end, we have enough needs where I can be happy with a lot of different outcomes. CB/WR/Tuitt would all make me thrilled.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Nix is a pretty rare athlete, he would play many more snaps than that i think....hes not quite the athlete dontari poe is but hes pretty similar to vince wilfork in his prime....not a pass rusher but a key component on passing downs because hes a handful.

Tuitt and Heyward though at DE would allow them to do a lot of things, they would be bad men out there

Rookie Free Agent
    So would RaShede Hageman.

Thread Information