Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Talk

Bookmark and Share

2014 Draft Talk

Im bored and i know its early but im so excited for some of these guys this year i figured we can make a thread to discuss prospects as the season goes on.

My favorite players include:

Jadeveon Clowney

Hes about as much of a lock to go #1 as any non QB weve seen. Its going to be a tough choice for a team to pass on him, even if teddy bridgewater lights it up this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gC44nP7ClxM

South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney listed four QBs who he believes are scared of him.
    Only four? Clowney specifically called attention to Clemson's Tajh Boyd, Georgia's Aaron Murray, former Arkansas passer Tyler Wilson, and Nebraska's Taylor Martinez. "He is scared every time we play them," Clowney said of Boyd. "I know he is probably listening to this right now, but I’m just telling the truth."
    Boyd has every reason to be afraid....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TsrBdnLV6Og

Boyd declined to comment.

Hes playing at 265 right now and He ran a unofficial 4.46 40....jesus.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is a ridiculous talent at TE, a gronk-like player but maybe also a little bit of a dumbass. He may be the higest TE drafted since Vernon Davis went 6th.

Marquise Lee from USC is sgoing to be soemthing special....wouldnt quite put him in the Julio/Green tier but hes on the cusp of it. Hes bigger than i thought he was and hes a very exciting player

My Mood
    Addicted
    Clowney possibly linked to J-Zee. Will he be eligible?

he would be suspended for the year by the NCAA, NFL wouldnt care

My Mood
    Addicted
    Based on current state of affairs, I think WR and TE are going to be pressing needs for the 2014 draft.

It seems with the exception of Hines and now Antonio Brown the Steelers have a very difficult time keeping WRs long term. Case in point: Thigpen, Edwards, Carter, Holmes, Wallace, Burress (first time), Sweed, etc.

Does the organization under evaluate the position or is this just the way it is in today's NFL? Do they value signing players at other positions more indicative of long term success?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Based on current state of affairs, I think WR and TE are going to be pressing needs for the 2014 draft.

It seems with the exception of Hines and now Antonio Brown the Steelers have a very difficult time keeping WRs long term. Case in point: Thigpen, Edwards, Carter, Holmes, Wallace, Burress (first time), Sweed, etc.

Does the organization under evaluate the position or is this just the way it is in today's NFL? Do they value signing players at other positions more indicative of long term success?
    The team has never placed much value in having franchise wide receivers since Swann and Stallworth. They feel that WRs are pretty interchangeable. They would rather spend the money in other areas.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    Letting Tyler Eifert go this year, in my opinion, was a tough one, look at it now, ya we could have used him

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Rookie Free Agent
    Without a doubt my first round pick next year, will be the very best tight end prospect available when we pick, hopefully, great hands, and tall!

Waterboy
    We need offensive linemen more than anything. Ben is a good enough quarterback that given time can work with middle of the road skillwise receivers. If we suck enough to get Clowney (I don't think we stand a chance this year) perhaps we can trade for two Offensive linemen somewhere.

BTW, I am a Gamecock Alumnus and huge South Carolina fan that will be watching Clowney every home game this year Haha.

2nd String
    I want to check out Aaron Colvin from Oklahoma a couple times this year ... He seems like he fits the Steelers mold for a CB

Assistant Coach

2014 Draft Talk

Clowney dominated today
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware