Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Talk

Bookmark and Share
    Thanks Train for some insight on the Bryant pick, I'm still learning from you guys since this is my first year doing this.

I will say, this is as fun as talking on the Steelers forums lmfao

Bryant is a WR that you see come and go. Size is very intriguing if you look at height, but 6-5 200 is very lanky, much of the time those guys are poor route runners (in that they are often slow in and out of their cuts, run rounder routes, ect...)

Bryant to me is no upgrade over moye or justin brown

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bryant is a WR that you see come and go. Size is very intriguing if you look at height, but 6-5 200 is very lanky, much of the time those guys are poor route runners (in that they are often slow in and out of their cuts, run rounder routes, ect...)

Bryant to me is no upgrade over moye or justin brown

I just don't get all the hype for Evans, I know it sounds moronic. I would like a great route runner who is smaller in size with great hands who plays big.

Evans won't get away with all them pushoffs in the NFL, also when he had his little hissy fit in the bowl game, that was a turn off. If that was Mike Wallace, Steelers nation would be calling for his head.

You can say what you want, but if Evans doesn't get a PI call, it is pretty entertaining to watch.

People want that 6'5 6'6 WR, but 6'3 WR are good size as well. Allen Robinson is a prefect example. 6'3 but he plays like a 6'6 receiver, very solid route runner and good open field skills+speed.

6-5 and 6-6 WRs suck, there are very few exceptions. (actually i can only think of Calvin and Vincent Jackson)

6-0 is average, and theres nothing wrong with average but 6-2/6-3 is money for WRs

Andre, Fitz, Julio, Demaryius, Dez are all around 6-3, Green might be an inch taller. Which is why Watkins at 6-1/6-2 is money, which is why patterson at 6-1 was money

I like Evans ok, hes far from perfect, but he would be able to contribute early

6-5 and 6-6 WRs suck, there are very few exceptions. (actually i can only think of Calvin and Vincent Jackson)

6-0 is average, and theres nothing wrong with average but 6-2/6-3 is money for WRs

Andre, Fitz, Julio, Demaryius, Dez are all around 6-3, Green might be an inch taller. Which is why Watkins at 6-1/6-2 is money, which is why patterson at 6-1 was money

I like Evans ok, hes far from perfect, but he would be able to contribute early
    Realistically speaking. What WR do you believe will be there in the 2nd that might have been there in the first. I just can't see all these WR going in the 1st is all.

I think

1. Mathews
    2. Lee
    3. Benjamin(This is my WC pick, I feel he falls to the second, if he had 2 years with big seasons then yes)
    4. Devante Adams (Kid has size, played in smaller conference.)

I will probably get flamed for Benjamin, if he has a solid Bowl game, he will be a lock in the first, but if he is average or gets shut down. I think he falls late first to mid 2nd round.

Benjamin could really go anywhere from top 10 to the 3rd round at this point. Im excited to see him tonight, but how he runs and works out is going to be huge for him. Hed be a top 10 pick if all you needed to be was big and tall to be a WR, but theres a reason why you dont see many guys like him as top WRs.

Ive always liked lee a lot, I still think hes a 1st round guy. Moncrief is my guy if we are looking for a WR in the second.

I dont like Allen Robinson, not for any reason in regards to him as a player...i just cant remember the last skill position to be worth a damn from penn state. I think it was Bryant Johnson or Larry Johnson....thats sad.

Again, completely irrelevant to evaluating Robinson, just a stigma i cant get past right now

Moncrief is my man crush right now outside of watkins though

Benjamin could really go anywhere from top 10 to the 3rd round at this point. Im excited to see him tonight, but how he runs and works out is going to be huge for him. Hed be a top 10 pick if all you needed to be was big and tall to be a WR, but theres a reason why you dont see many guys like him as top WRs.

Ive always liked lee a lot, I still think hes a 1st round guy. Moncrief is my guy if we are looking for a WR in the second.

I dont like Allen Robinson, not for any reason in regards to him as a player...i just cant remember the last skill position to be worth a damn from penn state. I think it was Bryant Johnson or Larry Johnson....thats sad.

Again, completely irrelevant to evaluating Robinson, just a stigma i cant get past right now
    Ouch, that hurt me. I'm a PSU fan lmfao.

I really think AR is the real deal coming out of PSU. He had a monster 2 seasons with the Lions with Matt McGloin and a true freshman in Hackenberg. I seen him play every Saturday for the last 2 years. I am really pulling for him.

He is one of the receivers I like to say

"He is only 6'2 6'2 but he plays like he is 6'6 6'7.

Great hands, decent speed, but his open field skills are 9/10. He reminds me of Holmes after the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ouch, that hurt me. I'm a PSU fan lmfao.

I really think AR is the real deal coming out of PSU. He had a monster 2 seasons with the Lions with Matt McGloin and a true freshman in Hackenberg. I seen him play every Saturday for the last 2 years. I am really pulling for him.

He is one of the receivers I like to say

"He is only 6'2 6'2 but he plays like he is 6'6 6'7.

Great hands, decent speed, but his open field skills are 9/10. He reminds me of Holmes after the catch.
    lol i dont have anything against PSU, just their skill players and DBs going pro.

I have seen a bunch of PSU especially this season, not sure id give him a 9/10 in the open field lol. He does definitely play bigger than he is though

lol i dont have anything against PSU, just their skill players and DBs going pro.

I have seen a bunch of PSU especially this season, not sure id give him a 9/10 in the open field lol. He does definitely play bigger than he is though
    I mean 9/10 as in what he can get with the room he has. Yea, that could be a little biased lmfao. I know what you mean though about psu players coming out.

Thread Information