Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Talk

Bookmark and Share
    I think hes a cross between Poe at memphis (who is freakish but did NOT dominate at the c-usa level) and Sammie Lee Hill out of stillman.

I went to Drexel, UDel is our #1 rival. Ive been to a few games (Drexel doesnt have a football team, but I now work in Philly/DE). He has an unreal motor for a guy that size. If you can find ANY tape on him its probably ****** quality though which is a shame, I mean its delaware.

Banned
    How about...(for fun)

1. Dennard CB
    There's a good chance he's both the BPA and fills a need. Drafting him would give me hope that we intend to play more press coverage... not necessarily more Man, but at least more press coverage in front of zone (cover 3)

2. BEST WR AVAILABLE
    Fingers Crossed Choices: Benjamin/Matthews/Robinson
    Reach for Need Choices: Moncrief/Bryant/Adams

We need to add size... but it's likely that the 1st round would be too much of a reach, and we may have to gamble that some talent will be available in the 2nd... if the talent doesn't fall, we may need to reach for Need.

3. Kareem Martin 34DE
    obviously, it's one of our bigger needs, if not the biggest... the problem is that it's not a position that has an important enough impact on the outcome of games... not in comparison to the WR/Coverage positions we need to improve. Martin could very well be gone at this point, but there are a few others at the position we could fall back on (The 2 Alabama guys come to mind).

4. Trevor Reilly 34OLB
    Will he fall this far? Doubtful... it gets pretty difficult to project who will be available post 3rd round... again, sticking with a needs based approach, we need to add a developmental pass rusher to replace Carter who is garbage

5. Zach Kerr/Justin Ellis
    I'd love to get Kerr... but would be fine with Ellis.

5. Shaq Evans WR
    I watched him all season (my obsession with Hundley knows no bounds). I have him ranked much higher than this... but every draft nickery site has him in the 5th-7th range... I think he's an NFL player. And has a future. Does his athleticism translate in his routes? Nope. Does he have great hands? Nope. But he's going to be a pros-pro.... he's going to find a way to get it done and make a team and contribute. He plays the game hard, with no fear... I like that in a player. He's got some Hines in him.

6. Jerrick Mackinnon RB
    Some may believe his combine will drive him up draft boards... but if you watch his tape, he has almost no experience as a traditional RB, and did most of his work out of the read option.

7. Richard Rodgers TE
    Nothing special, but is a good solid athlete who can do alot of solid things for your team. He runs simple routes effectively, and he can block down on the outside. He would be a good replacement for David Johnson and can operate in that H-Back type of role for the offense. Catches the ball well, runs his routes effectively to gain proper separation in the short/intermediate stuff.

7. Michael Schofield OT
    Because...
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 04-07-2014 at 11:40 AM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    How about...(for fun)

1. Dennard CB
    There's a good chance he's both the BPA and fills a need. Drafting him would give me hope that we intend to play more press coverage... not necessarily more Man, but at least more press coverage in front of zone (cover 3)

2. BEST WR AVAILABLE
    Fingers Crossed Choices: Benjamin/Matthews/Robinson
    Reach for Need Choices: Moncrief/Bryant/Adams

We need to add size... but it's likely that the 1st round would be too much of a reach, and we may have to gamble that some talent will be available in the 2nd... if the talent doesn't fall, we may need to reach for Need.

3. Kareem Martin 34DE
    obviously, it's one of our bigger needs, if not the biggest... the problem is that it's not a position that has an important enough impact on the outcome of games... not in comparison to the WR/Coverage positions we need to improve. Martin could very well be gone at this point, but there are a few others at the position we could fall back on (The 2 Alabama guys come to mind).

4. Trevor Reilly 34OLB
    Will he fall this far? Doubtful... it gets pretty difficult to project who will be available post 3rd round... again, sticking with a needs based approach, we need to add a developmental pass rusher to replace Carter who is garbage

5. Zach Kerr/Justin Ellis
    I'd love to get Kerr... but would be fine with Ellis.

5. Shaq Evans WR
    I watched him all season (my obsession with Hundley knows no bounds). I have him ranked much higher than this... but every draft nickery site has him in the 5th-7th range... I think he's an NFL player. And has a future. Does his athleticism translate in his routes? Nope. Does he have great hands? Nope. But he's going to be a pros-pro.... he's going to find a way to get it done and make a team and contribute. He plays the game hard, with no fear... I like that in a player. He's got some Hines in him.

6. Jerrick Mackinnon RB
    Some may believe his combine will drive him up draft boards... but if you watch his tape, he has almost no experience as a traditional RB, and did most of his work out of the read option.

7. Richard Rodgers TE
    Nothing special, but is a good solid athlete who can do alot of solid things for your team. He runs simple routes effectively, and he can block down on the outside. He would be a good replacement for David Johnson and can operate in that H-Back type of role for the offense. Catches the ball well, runs his routes effectively to gain proper separation in the short/intermediate stuff.

7. Michael Schofield OT
    Because...
    Although I would be thrilled with Benjamin, Matthews, Robinson in the second, the "need" is overstated. We were in the top half of the league last season and probably would have been higher if the first 6-8 games were not such an implosion. It may be a little optimistic, but Wheaton/Moore could easily be a push with Sanders/Cotch. DHB is a significant upgrade on the roster (assuming he makes it) over Moye, if only for the threat he creates on the same field with AB. It is not a bad corps, just not elite.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

#2 WR is in contention for the biggest need on the team. Looks like we have a bunch of 3s on the roster, a legit #2 would take the offense to the next level....whether it be Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Moncrief, Matthews its a huge need. Really one of the only "starter" positions not currently filled on the roster imo

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    #2 WR is in contention for the biggest need on the team. Looks like we have a bunch of 3s on the roster, a legit #2 would take the offense to the next level....whether it be Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Moncrief, Matthews its a huge need. Really one of the only "starter" positions not currently filled on the roster imo
    Then I think it all comes down to the coaches' opinion of Wheaton. Although he did not play much even before the finger injuries, they and the other players were already raving about him. I think Ryan Clark said coming out of training camp that he was already a better WR than Mike Wallace. There is obviously little or nothing for a fan to evaluate him on, but that does not mean the coaches do not have a good idea what they have.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Although I would be thrilled with Benjamin, Matthews, Robinson in the second, the "need" is overstated.
    I don't. I think it's a critical need.

We were in the top half of the league last season and probably would have been higher if the first 6-8 games were not such an implosion.
    We were in the "top half", and lost 2 of the primary contributors to that (from a receiving standpoint). yes, a healthier(but older) Miller will help...

My goal isn't to be in the top half....

It may be a little optimistic, but Wheaton/Moore could easily be a push with Sanders/Cotch.
    a little?

DHB is a significant upgrade on the roster (assuming he makes it) over Moye, if only for the threat he creates on the same field with AB. It is not a bad corps, just not elite.
    it's a core with 1 great player and 1 good veteran #3/#4... that's all it is right now...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Then I think it all comes down to the coaches' opinion of Wheaton. Although he did not play much even before the finger injuries, they and the other players were already raving about him. I think Ryan Clark said coming out of training camp that he was already a better WR than Mike Wallace. There is obviously little or nothing for a fan to evaluate him on, but that does not mean the coaches do not have a good idea what they have.
    There is a reason why WRs will make up the largest portion of pre-draft visits.

We are talking one with 1 of our first 2 picks... bet?

Buck ILB??
    WR ??
    CB ??
    DE ??

Banned
    agreed.
    While DE and ILB are in need of serious upgrades... they at least have NFL players with snaps to their name to fill those spots (Cam Thomas DE, Williams/Moats ILB).

They have no one with any level of experience lining up on the outside to take the X or Z WR spot opposite Brown.... Wheaton played almost exclusively in the slot when he got his few sniffs... and Moore is a Y guy as well

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Buck ILB??
    WR ??
    CB ??
    DE ??
    CBs are Ike, Cortez, and Gay...no real disputing that lineup. No way a rookie walks into Latrobe a day one starter at CB but they could certainly draft one in the 1st/2nd/3rd (then we could hear how hes a bust and lebeau sucks for 8 months)

MLB is one of them, I could see them letting Spence/Moats/Williams battle it out. I could see a rookie being involved there too, Borland is my Crush, followed by Skov. I could also see them briging in Harrison for that role.

For DE they have Cam Thomas, Nick Williams, but the most likely will be keisel brought back as the "incumbent starter" and ask those guys (plus a rookie Tuitt/Urban/Stinson) beat him out. Theres also the chance they want Mcclendon at DE (not something I agree with)

A lot of different ways it could go, I am very pro WR in the first though

Thread Information