Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamarko Thomas

Bookmark and Share

Shamarko Thomas

Is anyone else as excited to see this kid play as I am? He gives me something to look forward to this preseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rookie-season/

Probably not the smartest thing to say but I'm sure the coaches will get to him. If they don't, idgaf. I think this kid is going to be a bullet. Shamarknado.

Hes not wrong, idk how much we can expect him to play as a rookie but he is a missile. Him running the 40 yard dash and face planting at the end sums up how hard he goes

Oh yeah, I agree I do not think he's going to sniff the field that much on defense during the season but I am excited for him in the preseason and future.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, let's not be too hasty in saying he won't see much time because the way Troy gets hurt, you never know. But I'd sure like to see a healthy dose of him to help keep Troy fresh down the stretch.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    I actually think he'll see some decent playing time. He's too talented. He's got such a large skill set. I honestly see him coming in on some nickel and dime looks. Get Foote out on some passing downs, use Troy as sort of a hybrid MLB as they've done in the past and let Shamarko play safety or cover the slot.

I honestly feel like in a few years Shamarko is gonna be one of those picks that people look back on and say, "How the hell did slip to the 4th round?" I honestly believe that. He's a great kid, no off the field garbage, crazy talented, about as hard a worker as you're ever gonna see, and he has the desire and motivation to be great. As long as he stays healthy I really do believe he'll be a top 5 type safety in this league.

Usually I'd be a little more cautious about getting excited over a 4th round pick, but he really isn't your typical mid round pick. Can't wait to see him on the field.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I actually think he'll see some decent playing time. He's too talented. He's got such a large skill set. I honestly see him coming in on some nickel and dime looks. Get Foote out on some passing downs, use Troy as sort of a hybrid MLB as they've done in the past and let Shamarko play safety or cover the slot.
    Like that idea. Turning Troy loose on Weeden, Flacco and Dalton. Love to see Flacco's eyes widen seeing Troy coming down in the box on him. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Usually I'd be a little more cautious about getting excited over a 4th round pick, but he really isn't your typical mid round pick. Can't wait to see him on the field.
    All 5'9" of him... Or he would have been a first rounder.

shamarko 5-9....4th rounder

elam 5-10....first rounder

cant nitpick over a few inches, the tape doesnt lie. I was a huge elam fan, but he is only slightly ranked about shamarko as far as ranking safeties goes to me, not much separates those two besides program

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Lets hope hes a sure tackler... id rather have a guy who doesnt get a highlight hit but doesnt miss very many tackles over a guy who gets the highlight hit, but misses tackles all day

IE: Tyrone Carter
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    shamarko 5-9....4th rounder

elam 5-10....first rounder

cant nitpick over a few inches, the tape doesnt lie. I was a huge elam fan, but he is only slightly ranked about shamarko as far as ranking safeties goes to me, not much separates those two besides program
    Agreed. I love Matt Elam and the way he plays the game, they have very similar playing styles.

Thread Information