Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    Well I don't think the Steelers rely on the run but they still are a running team. You are totally right the run relies on the pass. But you can turn that around and say the pass relies on the run also. Well at least thats my thinking. Basically teams need balance on offense in today's NFL. The days of a team just being a threat in the running game are over. You need a QB that is going to make plays and strike some kind of fear into a defense. Our man Big Ben has shown that. Unlike the many previous QB's that came before him under Bill Cowher.
    I wouldn't say that the passing game relies on the run game at all. In the 3 games Ben Roethlisberger started and Willie Parker rushed for less than a 3 yard average, the Steelers won all three. In those games, Ben had passer ratings of 105.4, 148.7, and 124.9. He averaged 236 yards in those games, and threw 6 touchdowns versus zero interceptions. I agree that teams need balance, and that is something that the Steelers do a good job of having, but I would not claim that the passing game relies on the running game.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    I wouldn't say that the passing game relies on the run game at all. In the 3 games Ben Roethlisberger started and Willie Parker rushed for less than a 3 yard average, the Steelers won all three. In those games, Ben had passer ratings of 105.4, 148.7, and 124.9. He averaged 236 yards in those games, and threw 6 touchdowns versus zero interceptions. I agree that teams need balance, and that is something that the Steelers do a good job of having, but I would not claim that the passing game relies on the running game.
    Thats a very good point and your right. There were games last year were the run game didn't do its part and Ben still played well. But there were games also were the run game did its part and Ben didn't do as well. Just saying I think teams need to be threat in the pass game and the run game. I would just like to see the Steelers have a 50/50 pass and run ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    Thats a very good point and your right. There were games last year were the run game didn't do its part and Ben still played well. But there were games also were the run game did its part and Ben didn't do as well. Just saying I think teams need to be threat in the pass game and the run game. I would just like to see the Steelers have a 50/50 pass and run ratio.
    I agree, you'll never be successful if you're a one dimensional team (just ask the Cardinals). I'd love to see the Steelers 50/50, and that's usually what they are around when they are playing the game to win. Once they begin playing not to lose, it looks more like 90/10 in favor of the run, but when the Steelers are playing to get a lead - they are very balanced.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    I agree, you'll never be successful if you're a one dimensional team (just ask the Cardinals). I'd love to see the Steelers 50/50, and that's usually what they are around when they are playing the game to win. Once they begin playing not to lose, it looks more like 90/10 in favor of the run, but when the Steelers are playing to get a lead - they are very balanced.
    Yea I would like to see a 50/50 balance for the whole game. But its hard to argue with the success of the team. But I see the Steelers being a 45pass/55run ratio this year.

Thread Information