Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw

We all know Terry Bradshaw is the greatest QB in Steelers history. Ben would have to accomplish alot to over take Terry for the top spot in Steelers history. But what do you think of Big Ben's chances of breaking Terry Bradshaw's single season TD pass record? Terry set the mark of 28 TD passes back in 1978. If given the chance to pass more I think Ben has a real good shot. Ben had 17 TD passes last year with only around 260 pass attempts. If Ben had the 500 some pass attempts that Carson Palmer had last year he would of easily broke Terry's record. Now I'm not saying stats is important. Baseball is more of stat sport. But I'm a stat geek so I always have a interest in stats and players breaking records.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 08-18-2006 at 07:15 PM.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Well with Jerome gone from those inside the 5 yard line runs and big targets like Heath Miller getting better then he might get 3-5 more of those short yardage tries. I think it's possible but not the highest of chances.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by PITT23
    Well with Jerome gone from those inside the 5 yard line runs and big targets like Heath Miller getting better then he might get 3-5 more of those short yardage tries. I think it's possible but not the highest of chances.
    Well if you factor in Ben missed 4 games last year and still had 17. He might have had 20 if not missing any games. If Cowher lets him throw way around 400 times this year he might have a shot. Now that might be a huge stretch for Cowher to let Ben throw 400 times this year. But you never know.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well since all the rules keep changing to make it easier for qb's to score, he could break that easy if we passed more
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    well since all the rules keep changing to make it easier for qb's to score, he could break that easy if we passed more
    Thats the key for Ben to pass more. I think we will see more passing this year. Trust me we won't become the St. Louis Rams under Mike Martz. But I see more of a run55/pass45 ratio this year.

Ben'll break it. He's only played two years, it took TB 9 years to get to that mark. Once Cowher get's more faith in Ben, and Ben can stay healthy an entire season, he'll shatter the record.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Ben'll break it. He's only played two years, it took TB 9 years to get to that mark. Once Cowher get's more faith in Ben, and Ben can stay healthy an entire season, he'll shatter the record.
    I agree. I would like to see it this year. Trust me you can't argue with how much the Steelers do indeed run the ball. The success of the team speaks for itself. I would just like to see us use our young franchise QB to his full potential. Factor in all the weapons Ben has and he should be setting some records in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    I agree. I would like to see it this year. Trust me you can't argue with how much the Steelers do indeed run the ball. The success of the team speaks for itself. I would just like to see us use our young franchise QB to his full potential. Factor in all the weapons Ben has and he should be setting some records in the near future.
    The Steelers aren't really much of a 'running team'. Ben builds up a lead in the first and second quarters, then because of the lead he built, Cowher sits on the lead. That is what Cowher does, he's lost 1 game in some 108 games in which the Steelers gained a lead of 11 points or more. If you need proof that it is Ben that builds the lead, then the run game that puts it away, look no further than the fact that he's got a 144.2 passer rating in the first quarter, or that he averages more passing yards per first quarter than both Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.

The sitting on the lead by running the ball does take away from Ben's attempts though.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Unless the Steelers change philosphy of smashmouth, run first football, its hard to tell if Ben will have a chance to beat a record like that with the black n gold. It would be awesome if he did if Ben sticks around with us his entire career and stays relatively healthy with good surrounding talent, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to be mentioned as an equal to Terry in some respects.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well the good thing is, cowher won't be around ben's whole career lol. when whisenhunt takes over in a couple of years this team is gonna be a shitload different lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information