Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I just hope its not a shiat load different like it was a few years back when Tommy was the QB and he threw for a bazillion yards that year and we didn't do squat !

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    The Steelers aren't really much of a 'running team'. Ben builds up a lead in the first and second quarters, then because of the lead he built, Cowher sits on the lead. That is what Cowher does, he's lost 1 game in some 108 games in which the Steelers gained a lead of 11 points or more. If you need proof that it is Ben that builds the lead, then the run game that puts it away, look no further than the fact that he's got a 144.2 passer rating in the first quarter, or that he averages more passing yards per first quarter than both Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.

The sitting on the lead by running the ball does take away from Ben's attempts though.
    Don't want to sound like a jerk. But I know we are a balanced offense in the first half of games. I watch the Steelers every week. I havn't missed a game in 8 years thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't need a education about the Steelers bro. But when you run the ball 60 percent of the time even to protect the lead in the 2nd half. Your still a running team. Some teams have that short passing game mixed in when having a lead. Remember the Pats in 2003 when they had no running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    Don't want to sound like a jerk. But I know we are a balanced offense in the first half of games. I watch the Steelers every week. I havn't missed a game in 8 years thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't need a education about the Steelers bro. But when you run the ball 60 percent of the time even to protect the lead in the 2nd half. Your still a running team. Some teams have that short passing game mixed in when having a lead. Remember the Pats in 2003 when they had no running game.
    Okay B@G, sorry for trying to have a conversation about the Steelers with you...

My Mood
    Mad
    Okay B@G, sorry for trying to have a conversation about the Steelers with you...
    Don't have to say sorry. Just saying I know Steelers football. I don't need a history or stats lesson.

Don't have to say sorry. Just saying I know Steelers football. I don't need a history or stats lesson.
    Or a conversation about the team either I guess

My Mood
    Mad
    Or a conversation about the team either I guess
    We can talk about the Steelers all you want. Just saying I'm not a clueless fan and did pay attention last year. I remember last year just fine when Ben help build leads only to have the running game take over in the second half. The first game against the Titans sticks out real well in my mind. Ben had around 220 yards and 2 TD's on 9 completions and only 11 attempts.

Like I said wasn't trying to be jerk. Just letting you know I know my Steelers bro.

We can talk about the Steelers all you want. Just saying I'm not a clueless fan and did pay attention last year. I remember last year just fine when Ben help build leads only to have the running game take over in the second half. The first game against the Titans sticks out real well in my mind. Ben had around 220 yards and 2 TD's on 9 completions and only 11 attempts.

Like I said wasn't trying to be jerk. Just letting you know I know my Steelers bro.
    I never said you didn't know your Steelers, nor did I say you were clueless. I was just discussing the Steelers being a 'running team', I don't think they are. Apparently when I tried to back my stance up with stats - you think I'm taking a shot at your Steelers knowledge.

My Mood
    Mad
    I never said you didn't know your Steelers, nor did I say you were clueless. I was just discussing the Steelers being a 'running team', I don't think they are. Apparently when I tried to back my stance up with stats - you think I'm taking a shot at your Steelers knowledge.
    Your right I did take as a shot. But any way you look at it. The Steelers are a running team for the most part even if its to protect the lead in the 2nd half. I think sometimes when we have he lead let our young QB take a shot. Its hard to argue with the success though. So no complaints by me.

Your right I did take as a shot. But any way you look at it. The Steelers are a running team for the most part even if its to protect the lead in the 2nd half. I think sometimes when we have he lead let our young QB take a shot. Its hard to argue with the success though. So no complaints by me.
    I really don't understand how providing stats to prove my point is a shot at your knowledge, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

Running in the second half to preserve a lead doesn't make a team a running team. While it does take away from the quarterback's attempts, the term 'running team' implys that the team relies on the run. The Steelers do anything but that - if anything the run relies on the pass.

My Mood
    Mad
    I really don't understand how providing stats to prove my point is a shot at your knowledge, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

Running in the second half to preserve a lead doesn't make a team a running team. While it does take away from the quarterback's attempts, the term 'running team' implys that the team relies on the run. The Steelers do anything but that - if anything the run relies on the pass.
    Well I don't think the Steelers rely on the run but they still are a running team. You are totally right the run relies on the pass. But you can turn that around and say the pass relies on the run also. Well at least thats my thinking. Basically teams need balance on offense in today's NFL. The days of a team just being a threat in the running game are over. You need a QB that is going to make plays and strike some kind of fear into a defense. Our man Big Ben has shown that. Unlike the many previous QB's that came before him under Bill Cowher.

Thread Information