Thread: Effective 2007: Pop positive? No pro-bowl!

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Effective 2007: Pop positive? No pro-bowl!

Starting this coming season if a player tests positive for performance enhancing drugs........NO PROBOWL!

How does the rest of Steeler Nation feel about the "New Policy"?

I agree with it and think that people who are trying to cheat should not reap any rewards for their dishonesty......it sends the wrong message! IMO

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I feel thats a great policy and should also include that they cant win other awards as well.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

About Time,,,,,,,,,, Thanks Jason Taylor & Champ Bailey for speaking out what alot of other players were thinking

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Is this for real? or is the NFL just talkin about doing something?

Goodell applauded the players for taking an active role in trying to eliminate use of illegal substances. Goodell also said not allowing players who are suspended under the drug policy to win postseason awards is "a huge priority for us."

San Diego linebacker Shawn Merriman made the All-Pro team, will play in the Pro Bowl and was considered a front-runner for defensive player of the year despite sitting out four games for violating the substance policy. Several players, including Miami end Jason Taylor, who was voted the top defensive player, criticized Merriman receiving such honors.

"Our players are the ones who stood up and said they don't want this in our game and that somebody who violates this doesn't deserve a Pro Bowl spot," Goodell said.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Maybe if the Probowl meant a little more I would be happier but since many players opt out of it anyway oh well... Now if they would just do the same with the awards
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If this does indeed hold true and comes to fruition I think it's a great idea. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed in the pro bowl. You can also make a case for a first time offense means you can't play at all for the rest of the season period. Im not saying that should necessarily be the case but it's possible.

My Mood
    Angry
    If the NFL wants to put some teeth in this new policy players that are caught using performance enhancing drugs should also have to forfeit participating in the playoffs if their team makes it to the post-season as well as the ProBowl and any individual honors.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I agree with it! If you have real talent you shouldn't need it!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information