Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's your 5 favorite Steeler plays of all time?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Least Favorite :
    1. Running into the Kicker on Dewayne Washington in OT (Nedney flopped)
    2. Tony Martin (Tim Mckeyer bit playaction hard)
    3. Corey Holiday running the wrong route in the Super Bowl pick 6 (Neil, all class, took the blame)
    4. Arian's Abortion vs Jacksonville (Ben run on 3rd down)
    5. Ben GB Pick 6 (horrible playcall given feld position

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Least Favorite :
    1. Running into the Kicker on Dewayne Washington in OT (Nedney flopped)
    2. Tony Martin (Tim Mckeyer bit playaction hard)
    3. Corey Holiday running the wrong route in the Super Bowl pick 6 (Neil, all class, took the blame)
    4. Arian's Abortion vs Jacksonville (Ben run on 3rd down)
    5. Ben GB Pick 6 (horrible playcall given feld position
    Yep, I always thought that Neil got a raw deal from Steeler Nation on that one. I also think he was a much better QB than given credit for.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Least favorite brings back some painful memories, but I'll give it a try.
    #1. O'Donnell's incompletion to Barry Foster vs. the Chargers.
    #2. Running a delayed handoff to Melwede Moore from our own end zone that resulted in a safety against the Jets.
    #3. We have the Broncos on the ropes in the AFC Championship game,Bettis is chewing up 5-6 yards every carry and we have first and goal at the 5. Then we call a first down pass that Kordell softly throws into a LB's waiting arms.
    #4. Giving up 2 special teams TD's to the Pats,but we still have a chance to tie the game late when Kordell throws another pick.(Also AFC Championship game).
    #5. The bogus roughing the kicker call on Dwayne Washington.
    Not a play, but won of the biggest blunders of all time was drafting Gabe Rivera ahead of Dan Marino. We would have about 9 or 10 rings by now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    willie williams? The colts had the lead and the ball late in 4th quarter.,..on 3rd and 3 colts are running it for a sure 1st down when Willie comes from behind and makes the biggest tackle of the entire decade....a tackle that i cant find on youtube or anywhere...but i will never forget it....had he not made tackle, we very likely lose that game...losing back to back at home OMG.....anyone remember? why is it so forgotton....this play was bigger than the hail mary miss
    Yes I remember it now since you mentioned it.....It was Lamont Warren who Williams tackled to and not Marshall Faulk, right?........Faulk was hurt and didn't play........

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I think it was 2004 when Staley was doing most of the running and Bettis was only out for goal line stuff, well it was the Dallas game that year when they called Bettis in to do his thing. The Dallas D crashes the middle and Bettis all but walks around the left side of the play for a TD

My Mood
    Addicted
    Worst play ever? Either one of O'Donnell's Super Bowl interceptions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Worst play ever? Either one of O'Donnell's Super Bowl interceptions.
    actually, only one... on the 2nd INT, Corey Holliday ran the wrong route... some people incorrectly call out Hastings on the wrong route, but it was holiday. Hastings runs an inside curl (some mistakenly believe he was supposed to run and outside curl... and holiday runs a go, when he was supposed run an out.

when asked after the game if corey ran the wrong route, neil said no... because he would never throw a teammate under the bus. a day later holiday admitted he blew it and ran the wrong route.

(i'll keep correcting this til the day I die....)

My Mood
    Addicted
    I too missed out on the 70s...by a long shot. So everything on my list is already mentioned but I'm glad Ben's tackle got a few mentions in this thread. One of the most clutch plays of all time. I was only 13 (I think) that year and it was my first year that I really was into the Steelers. Wasn't as knowledgeable back then but I watched every game and oh man, that would've been so heartbreaking to lose that way. I've seen a ton of plays similar to that one and the QB seems to whiff every time. Then again, I'm not sure why Harper didn't at least try to duke him out a little but hey, worked out for us in the end.

What an incredible season that was.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    actually, only one... on the 2nd INT, Corey Holliday ran the wrong route... some people incorrectly call out Hastings on the wrong route, but it was holiday. Hastings runs an inside curl (some mistakenly believe he was supposed to run and outside curl... and holiday runs a go, when he was supposed run an out.

when asked after the game if corey ran the wrong route, neil said no... because he would never throw a teammate under the bus. a day later holiday admitted he blew it and ran the wrong route.

(i'll keep correcting this til the day I die....)
    No matter what happened by who, it is my worst play. At the time it cost us "One for the Thumb".

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    I think it was 2004 when Staley was doing most of the running and Bettis was only out for goal line stuff, well it was the Dallas game that year when they called Bettis in to do his thing. The Dallas D crashes the middle and Bettis all but walks around the left side of the play for a TD

wasn't there one game where bettis had 4 carries, 1 yard, and 3 tds? or some ridiculous stat line?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information