Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your 5 favorite Steeler plays of all time?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

What's your 5 favorite Steeler plays of all time?

It's a slow time of year, so let's ask the question:

What's your 5 favorite Steeler plays of all time?

So many to choose from and I'm sure the "Immaculate Reception" will get it's share, but mine are:

Harrison's interception return vs. Cardinals in SB43.

Same game, Holmes game winning catch.

Hines Ward knocking Ed Reed cold vs. Ravens.

FWP's long TD run against Seahags, SB XL.

Franco's defiant TD run (up the gut) against Cowboys in SB.

These are but a few of mine, what's yours?

holmes game winner is easily #1...it doesnt get better, the redemption of the dropped pass the play before, ben scrambling and throwing into triple coverage even though it was a poor decision it was one of the most brilliant throws, and the ward hugging him asking him if he got his feet down and holmes just smiling

after that it was ben with the sweet feet getting the tackle on nick harper against the colts, wouldnt be on the list if vanderjact didnt miss...but he did

kemo ploughing into carsons knee during a game i think they were going to lose that vaulted them to the superbowl (not ashamed of how messed up that is)

there was a play against the broncos that ward absolutely took champ bailey to school in the playoffs...if you watch it, its beautiful route running

ryan clarks hit on willis mcgahee that left him limp on the field and the raven came out to pray

1. Troy's pick six in the AFC championship against Baltimore/Clark's hit on mcgahee
    2. Harrison Pick SB 43
    3. Deshea Townsend's pick 6 against the Cowboys in '08
    4. Ben's 58 yrd bomb on 3rd and 19 against the Ravens in the 2010 Divisional Playoffs
    5. Any play Aaron Smith made

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    1. Harrison's 100 yard pick six in Super Bowl XLIII

2. Holmes Super Bowl winning catch in Super Bowl XLIII

3. Kordell Stewart's 90 yard TD pass to Bobby Shaw vs the Ravens in Baltimore in 2001....The Ravens were the defending champs and that play was huge in that game and the Steelers retaking the AFC Central in 2001......

4. Ryan Clark's hit on Willis McGahee in the AFC title game.....I really thought McGahee was dead at first....lol

5. Bill Cowher's surprise onside kick call in Super Bowl XXX which was recovered by Deon Figures.....Of course the Steelers lost 27-17 but that surprise onside kick was a gutsy call and got them back in the game....To bad Neil O'Donnell blew it.......

Banned
    Triple coverage throw? Hardly. Two defenders were trailing the play. They weren't covering Holmes.

Where else should he have thrown that pass? Ward and Miller were covered. Nate Washington (playing with an injured shoulder suffered on that drive) slipped in the endzone, and Moore was shadowed.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Troy's interception and TD return vs the ravens in the AFCC to seal the game was a great play!

Stallworths over the shoulder catch for TD vs rams in SB14.

The bus running over urlacher at the goalline.

Ben to Holmes in SB43

Lambert tossing cliff Harris to the ground after taunting gerella. Not technically a play but it swung momentum in that game.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Triple coverage throw? Hardly. Two defenders were trailing the play. They weren't covering Holmes.

Where else should he have thrown that pass? Ward and Miller were covered. Nate Washington (playing with an injured shoulder suffered on that drive) slipped in the endzone, and Moore was shadowed.
    still 3 guys there making holmes difficult to see. That is the hardest throw you can make and the hardest catch

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I do believe the Immaculate Reception is the obvious choice, so I am not counting it.

5. Greg Lloyd doing 3 count on Al Toon after the Thomas Everett hit knocked him cold (Lloyd knocked Pat Ryan out cold the same game). It is less awesome today with all of the concussion info we have but I thought it was great at the time. (Cannot even find video of it, but we beat the Jets 13-0 in 1989.)

4. Swann's 63 yard catch late in Super Bowl 10 on a deep post.

3. Stallworth's catch in SB 14.

2. Santonio Holmes.

1. Harrison's INT return for a TD. Holmes' catch is a great effort at the right time but we cannot forget that it was made possible by Harrison's INT that completely changed the game. We were going to be down at the half and instead went up 10. I will always love James for that play. He could rip Ben's head off and crap down the neckhole next year and I will still never say a bad word about the guy.
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 07-12-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    still 3 guys there making holmes difficult to see. That is the hardest throw you can make and the hardest catch
    Where should he have thrown that pass? There's only two things that happen.

Catch.

Overthrown.

No way looking at the play, and where Ben put it, could that pass have been picked off. No chance.

Goodbye Crash

Thread Information