Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Pouncey with Hernandez, I hope this isn't true.

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,761
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, that was widely reported by Mike Florio and his famous "un-named sources".

    Florio also reported that Ben was banned from Arnold Palmer's golf course.

    And yet, he played a round there with Natalie Gulbis well after Florio's "scoop".
    You now switch to a genetic fallacy (while never actually providing evidence that Ben did NOT pay a "dime").
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Florio was the one who said he settled for less than a game check.

    No one else.

    He didn't pay HER.

    It's not hard to figure out.

  3. #43
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,761
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    That pic is 8 years old. So it's OK for Tebow to drink, but not Ben?

    Hypocrite.
    LOL

    1) The picture was not posted to criticize Ben for drinking. It was to show that he is a camera hog (what you implied Tebow was) when he wants to be (just like when he can talk about playing injured).

    2) I never said it was "OK" for Tebow to be drinking. (straw man/red herring).

    No hypocrisy at all on my part but I WILL give you two great examples of it.

    You implied that Florio's report about Ben paying "less than a game check" is illegitimate because he got the facts wrong about Ben not being able to play at Arnold Palmer's golf course. Are all of your football comments illegitimate because you said the Steelers were playing "prevent" when Fitz burned us late in the Super Bowl?

    You implied that Florio's report was also illegitimate because he used "unnamed sources" to report that Ben paid a settlement yet you provide NO source to back your claim that Ben did not pay "a dime."

    Are you sure that you want to talk about hypocrisy?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    You implied that Florio's report about Ben paying "less than a game check" is illegitimate because he got the facts wrong about Ben not being able to play at Arnold Palmer's golf course.
    Um, no, I said you were wrong when you said it was "widely reported". It wasn't. It was Mike Florio, who's not the most "credible" media outlet despite his partnership with NBC.

  5. #45
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,761
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Florio was the one who said he settled for less than a game check.

    No one else.

    He didn't pay HER.

    It's not hard to figure out.
    That is one more source than you have to back up your claim that Ben did not pay a "dime."

    It's not hard to figure out that he has a better chance of being correct than you...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    That is one more source than you have to back up your claim that Ben did not pay a "dime."

    It's not hard to figure out that he has a better chance of being correct than you...
    Based on what? Florio also reported that Ben "took a leak" on a golf course after Georgia.

    Um, it was someone who played IN FRONT of Ben's group.

    Anything else?

  7. #47
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,761
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, no, I said you were wrong when you said it was "widely reported". It wasn't. It was Mike Florio, who's not the most "credible" media outlet despite his partnership with NBC.
    LOL Right. And the "Arnold Palmer" golf course anecdote was thrown in for what reason, other than to discredit Florio regarding the Ben payment story?

    Take a minute to get your story straight...

    The rest of us know what hypocrisy is, you live it.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  8. #48
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,761
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Based on what? Florio also reported that Ben "took a leak" on a golf course after Georgia.

    Um, it was someone who played IN FRONT of Ben's group.

    Anything else?
    A) Who cares?

    B) When I golf, I see what people do behind me all the time.

    And let's get back to the point. One reporter has reported that Ben paid. You have shown ZERO that said otherwise.

    No amount of assassinating the source's character will fix that.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    LOL Right. And the "Arnold Palmer" golf course anecdote was thrown in for what reason, other than to discredit Florio regarding the Ben payment story?
    No, because that's what Florio is. He's a rumor monger.

    One reporter has reported that Ben paid.
    And he's wrong. He claims a source told him McNulty was paid.

    I know for a FACT, that SHE wasn't.

    Christ I'm basically telling you what transpired and you still can't figure it out.

  10. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,884
    Why do you feed the troll? Put him on ignore and skip over everything he says. He'll get bored and move somewhere else.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hernandez: Crime of the Century
    By PSYCHO STEELER in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •