Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben: Knee "brand new" after surgery

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well the team needs a solid OL that can actually open running lanes and a RB worth a crap to have a running game.....If the OL can actually stay healthy for a change then the Steelers could have a very good OL but I'm not holding my breath......The depth at OT is scary bad........I understand the excitement about Bell and he seems to be a good kid but still he has to prove it first.........So basically this team is far from just pounding the ball all game long especially if you're expecting the running game from the 90s or 04-05..........lol
    I hear ya. I too would love to shore up that OT position. But the freakish rash of injuries that obliterated the entire O-line can't continually be focused on or counted on to continue. I'm looking for them to make another addition to the depth of the O-line. And if you go look at Bell's college tape, the guy is an ultimate beast....he faced 8 man, 9 man boxes and still succeeded. But the way that Ben moves the ball in the air, Bell won't see nearly as many safeties coming down in the box on him. Bell IS a top 10 running back provided the O-line stays somewhat intact.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hear ya. I too would love to shore up that OT position. But the freakish rash of injuries that obliterated the entire O-line can't continually be focused on or counted on to continue. I'm looking for them to make another addition to the depth of the O-line. And if you go look at Bell's college tape, the guy is an ultimate beast....he faced 8 man, 9 man boxes and still succeeded. But the way that Ben moves the ball in the air, Bell won't see nearly as many safeties coming down in the box on him. Bell IS a top 10 running back provided the O-line stays somewhat intact.
    I'm praying to the football Gods that the OL stays healthy this year.....Bell is talented no doubt and really he seems like a great kid.....But he has to prove himself first but at least he will get the chance early on to do so.......The rest of the RB's on the roster are nothing special so its all on Bell to carry the running the running game......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Trust me I want Bell to come out against the Titans like gang busters.......120 on the ground and 3 TDs would be amazing make the Steelers running game at least respectable and then make life easier for Ben going forward.....I just want Haley to call a solid game.....When you need to pass then pass but if there is game when running makes more since then just pound it but like I said the OL is the key......

My Mood
    Addicted
    that's what they all say

"it feels new, better than ever"
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If it remains our focal point? We miss the playoffs.

If Ben's YPA is 8.0 or better we win 12 games.
    Pffft...not going to see 8.0 or better without a running game.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Pffft...not going to see 8.0 or better without a running game.
    Thank you. Ben becomes lethal with a running game.

Trust me I want Bell to come out against the Titans like gang busters.......120 on the ground and 3 TDs would be amazing make the Steelers running game at least respectable and then make life easier for Ben going forward.....I just want Haley to call a solid game.....When you need to pass then pass but if there is game when running makes more since then just pound it but like I said the OL is the key......
    True..looking at the titans, they didn't really address their poor run defense from last season. So we need to hammer them until the sun stops shinning. Then, hit them with the play action pass. And I see Bell having a coming out party in that game just as your saying..big numbers rushing and scoring TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    what an off the wall statement

It's not off the wall at all. If the O-line stays intact.

bell was hardly top 5 in his draft class, but hes top 10 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE?

no

Thread Information