Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben: Knee "brand new" after surgery

Bookmark and Share

Big Ben: Knee "brand new" after surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-after-surgery

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger continues to gush over his surgically repaired right knee.

"It feels great, it feels better than ever, like it's a brand new knee, and I feel younger than ever, I feel good," Big Ben said this week from London, per 7M Sports.

Roethlisberger underwent an arthroscopic procedure to clean up meniscus damage on June 5, maintaining all along that he'll be ready for the start of Steelers training camp later this month.

Roethlisberger is one of the game's toughest signal-callers, but he acknowledged that "wear and tear" took its toll on the knee after 13 starts in 2012.

Big Ben had his other knee operated on during the 2005 season and has played a full 16-game schedule only once in 10 years. A "brand new" knee could go a long way to producing his second wire-to-wire campaign.
    Not big news, but it's certainly a nice update to hear.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    Great news indeed! Thanks for posting.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Who needs a knee when all your gonna do is turn around and hand ball off because golf coach, rooneys, yinzers, lebeau?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Raleigh Steel,

I know the trend in today's NFL is to throw the ball all around the field. And the Drew Brees, Arron Rodgers type of guys get all the media love too. But balance is the way to go. And "handing the ball off" is still a good thing.

There is a reason the Packers drafted two runningbacks in the last draft. Because the Packers realize that just winging the ball all around is still just a one dimensional offense and being one dimensional is not what you want to be on offense.

When the Saints won their Super Bowl, their rushing attack was the 4th ranked rushing attack in the game. So as much as Brees gets all the love, he didn't win without a running game. And....Brees has said for the last two months how they have to get back to running the ball.

So my point to you is that I'm looking forward to Ben just handing off the ball. And for the running game to be back to where it was 7-8 years ago. Funny..as much as they talk about Rodgers, Brees and all the rest of the high flyers, Ben has more rings then everyone but Brady. And he's about to match him in the next couple of years.

I'll take substance over style.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am starting to get a real good feeling about the upcoming season. I wasn't excited at first, but if we can stay healthy and get a few breaks we just may be in for a good ride.

"747"

Ready for departure.

C-town

Chuck,

I see it exactly the way you do. And..we are flying under the radar which is something else I love! Looking at the schedule, it is set up for us to get out to a great start in the first 8 games.

My Mood
    Addicted
    RDS, I was making fun of crash. All of his post WRT Big Ben say basically what i posted.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    RDS, I was making fun of crash. All of his post WRT Big Ben say basically what i posted.
    Oh..great to hear.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Raleigh Steel,

I know the trend in today's NFL is to throw the ball all around the field. And the Drew Brees, Arron Rodgers type of guys get all the media love too. But balance is the way to go. And "handing the ball off" is still a good thing.

There is a reason the Packers drafted two runningbacks in the last draft. Because the Packers realize that just winging the ball all around is still just a one dimensional offense and being one dimensional is not what you want to be on offense.

When the Saints won their Super Bowl, their rushing attack was the 4th ranked rushing attack in the game. So as much as Brees gets all the love, he didn't win without a running game. And....Brees has said for the last two months how they have to get back to running the ball.

So my point to you is that I'm looking forward to Ben just handing off the ball. And for the running game to be back to where it was 7-8 years ago. Funny..as much as they talk about Rodgers, Brees and all the rest of the high flyers, Ben has more rings then everyone but Brady. And he's about to match him in the next couple of years.

I'll take substance over style.
    Well the team needs a solid OL that can actually open running lanes and a RB worth a crap to have a running game.....If the OL can actually stay healthy for a change then the Steelers could have a very good OL but I'm not holding my breath......The depth at OT is scary bad........I understand the excitement about Bell and he seems to be a good kid but still he has to prove it first.........So basically this team is far from just pounding the ball all game long especially if you're expecting the running game from the 90s or 04-05..........lol

Banned
    And "handing the ball off" is still a good thing.
    If it remains our focal point? We miss the playoffs.

If Ben's YPA is 8.0 or better we win 12 games.

Thread Information