Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben: Knee "brand new" after surgery

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    K-Train,

I meant top 10 in our rushing attack. But Arian Foster was undrafted. Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick. Just because someone isn't highly thought of at the runningback position coming out of college doesn't testify to what they'll do in the pros. You know that.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Thank you. Ben becomes lethal with a running game.
    Ben is lethal when we use his strengths. 3 wide and move the pocket.

Run game is complimented by that.

History lesson: In Bill Cowher's first TEN SEASONS of head coaching, he had NINE TEAMS IN the top 10 in rushing, the one year it wasn't, they were a top 10 passing team the only time in his first 10 seasons.

How far did that team go?
    Last edited by Crash; 07-05-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train,

I meant top 10 in our rushing attack. But Arian Foster was undrafted. Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick. Just because someone isn't highly thought of at the runningback position coming out of college doesn't testify to what they'll do in the pros. You know that.
    I know that, i wasnt saying that. He just hasnt even played a snap. Its well known that i dont think bell is going to be much, i really hope he is and i really hope he is able to put dwyer and redman to shame, i just dont think theres all that much to be excited about with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben is lethal when we use his strengths. 3 wide and move the pocket.

Run game is complimented by that.

History lesson: In Bill Cowher's first TEN SEASONS of head coaching, he had NINE TEAMS IN the top 10 in rushing, the one year it wasn't, they were a top 10 passing team.

How far did that team go?
    they lost the superbowl...this is classic crash, bitching about rooney being the reason they lost in 2010 but going to extreme lengths to support an offense that lost in 95. You are worthless

Banned
    they lost the superbowl...this is classic crash, bitching about rooney being the reason they lost in 2010 but going to extreme lengths to support an offense that lost in 95. You are worthless
    So you'd rather be 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and fail in the playoffs?

Me? I'll take the big play offense of 1995 and go to the Super Bowl.

but 2010 it was all cause of arts damn meddling lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well K,

You'll be pleasantly surprised. Bell will be a great running back for us.

As for Crash,

The reason we lost in 2010 was because of turnovers. Not Management or Ownership. I didn't see management or ownership throw that pick/six..that was Ben. I didn't see management or ownership fumble the ball in the end..that was Mendenhall.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    but 2010 it was all cause of arts damn meddling lol
    Absolutely.

Art wasn't around in 1995. He was a lawyer then.

The reason we lost in 2010 was because of turnovers. Not Management or Ownership. I didn't see management or ownership throw that pick/six..that was Ben.
    Actually it was Kemoeatu.

I didn't see management or ownership fumble the ball in the end..that was Mendenhall.
    And why did he fumble? Because we had our FB (like everyone says we need because we're the Stillers) in the game, he missed his block, and Matthews (who admitted he knew run was coming based on the formation) made a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Actually it was Kemoeatu.

And why did he fumble? Because we had our FB (like everyone says we need because we're the Stillers) in the game, he missed his block, and Matthews (who admitted he knew run was coming based on the formation) made a big play.
    Guys. Seriously guys... I'm about to type a few words I'd never thought I'd put together. Here goes nothing... Crash, I agree with you. Not on your whole "because we had our FB in the game" bit, that's classic Crash, but he missed the block and Mendenhall was hit right when he got the ball. I would also argue that Kemo was to blame for that pick six. He was thrown back like a rag doll right into Ben as he was throwing.

Banned

Where was the fullback on that play? Oh that's right, he was in the same place he was when Willie Parker went 75 yards three years earler:

On the bench.

Last edited by Crash; 07-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Guys. Seriously guys... I'm about to type a few words I'd never thought I'd put together. Here goes nothing... Crash, I agree with you. Not on your whole "because we had our FB in the game" bit, that's classic Crash, but he missed the block and Mendenhall was hit right when he got the ball. I would also argue that Kemo was to blame for that pick six. He was thrown back like a rag doll right into Ben as he was throwing.
    agree about Kemo and that pick six....I really hate when people blame Ben for that pick six...If that fat worthless piece of dung could have actually sustained his block for 1 more second then Ben would have hit Wallace for six......

Thread Information