Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jarvis Jones might start as Steeler rookie

Bookmark and Share
    Not surprised, but sure cant wait to be totally underwhelmed by Worilds

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Jones has the Playbook down. Otherwise, he wouldn't have played, and started over Jason the games he has.
    you have an amazing ability to demonstrate a lack of understanding, without knowing it....

the whole purpose of the pre-season is to give younger players reps to learn... Jones didn't start in the pre-season over Worrilds because he has the playbook down, it's the complete opposite. Jones started because he needs reps to learn, and Worrild is the one who has the playbook down (3 year vet)

Tomlin would have named Jason the starter a long time ago. He made his decision based on Jones not being able to fully practice the past 10 days. Trust me, Jones will see as many snaps Sunday as Worids does.
    i don't trust you... since you aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong. Jones will play plenty, I'm not denying that. But to think he "has the playbook down", is preposterous

Its the Titans... The best man stopping the run will play more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    you have an amazing ability to demonstrate a lack of understanding, without knowing it....

the whole purpose of the pre-season is to give younger players reps to learn... Jones didn't start in the pre-season over Worrilds because he has the playbook down, it's the complete opposite. Jones started because he needs reps to learn, and Worrild is the one who has the playbook down (3 year vet)

i don't trust you... since you aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong. Jones will play plenty, I'm not denying that. But to think he "has the playbook down", is preposterous

Listen son, PRACTICES is where a player learns the Playbook, not in preseason games. Which BTW MOST of the Defensive plays are not totally shown. They are hidden for the regular season. Jones started those games because of what he LEARNED during training Camp, and how he showed there. NOT because he was a rookie. I remember when Worilds was a rookie, he sure as HELL wasn't starting then to get the playbook down. It was because he was having trouble during his rookie training camp. As where Jones clearly has not. That is why every Steeler writer during Camp were reporting how GREAT Jones was doing.

Jarvis Jones IS our starter at OLB.

Jason is a " KILLER " in Friday the 13th flicks!

Get it now son ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Listen son, PRACTICES is where a player learns the Playbook, not in preseason games.
    it's both actually

Which BTW MOST of the Defensive plays are not totally shown. They are hidden for the regular season. Jones started those games because of what he LEARNED during training Camp, and how he showed there. NOT because he was a rookie. I remember when Worilds was a rookie, he sure as HELL wasn't starting then to get the playbook down. It was because he was having trouble during his rookie training camp. As where Jones clearly has not. That is why every Steeler writer during Camp were reporting how GREAT Jones was doing.
    it's becoming more and more clear that you rely on others to provide you with your opinion.

You watched the pre-season games right? since your such a big fan... (i only question because you didn't know that Felix faced the 1st team defense vs KC). How many QB pressures did Jarvis Jones generate vs 1st team Olines in the preseason?

Jarvis Jones IS our starter at OLB.
    Jason is a " KILLER " in Friday the 13th flicks!
    Get it now son ?
    Jones and Worrilds are listed as co-starters right now.
    the only thing I get is that you just discovered the internet, and are not yet aware that you aren't as knowledgable as you think

Jarvis Jones might start as Steeler rookie

Um yea
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Worilds will start, but I don't think it will be too long before you see Jones. Nobody thought jones would be able to set the edge during running plays but, he has looked pretty good and been getting better. His pass rushing is improving and, lets face it his play making abilities are far greater than what worilds can bring to the table.

Thread Information