Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Isaac Redman shedding pounds

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Didn't know that. The biggest advantage Dwyer has over Redman is age. However, I think Redman is the better short yardage and goal-line back and can contribute on special teams. With that being said, at the end of the day, which either one (if either is kept) they will be a back-up to Bell, who will be a workhorse for the Steelers.

Howlings is still in the mix as well as McNeal. I don't think Batch will be much of a factor, if at all.
    That's because it was not true. Just wishful thinking by Train.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    I don't believe that was the case and you must have inside information cause Redman's name was not mentioned anywhere having to do with a trade. That being said had teams inquired about him. I'm sure the Steelers would have listen to offers and may have been willing to part ways.
    After they got bell they were definitely trying to unload one of them (both have the same tender) for something like a 7th round pick. Neither player has any value though, it is going to suck if they keep both. I think dwyer is more talented, i think redman is more versatile, but both offer minimal as starters at this point

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    After they got bell they were definitely trying to unload one of them (both have the same tender) for something like a 7th round pick. Neither player has any value though, it is going to suck if they keep both. I think dwyer is more talented, i think redman is more versatile, but both offer minimal as starters at this point
    From everything I read and heard it was Dwyer they was trying to unload. I think Pitt actually likes Redman and he is more of a role player where Dwyer is not. I agree neither are starters and last season proved that. If Bell doesn't work out or gets injured this year it will be rbbc.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    From everything I read and heard it was Dwyer they was trying to unload. I think Pitt actually likes Redman and he is more of a role player where Dwyer is not. I agree neither are starters and last season proved that. If Bell doesn't work out or gets injured this year it will be rbbc.
    they tendered them to the exact same deal, and it was pretty obvious they liked dwyer more last year....dwyer signed his tender immediately and said he was gonna prove his worth, what a disappointment that he is out of shape.

Anyway, with the drafting of bell id imagine those two are battling for the same spot

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Bouchette also said the steelers wouldnt look at jarvis jones, especially as an OLB.....
    Yeah, sportswriters can be wrong but the Steelers kind of backed him up by looking to trade Dwyer a few days later during the draft.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Buddy of mine saw Redman 2 weeks ago. Looks SLIM was what I was told.

1200 yard season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post

1200 yard season.
    300 yard season, overweight was never his problem. Bell is going to be their man whether he succeeds or not

Isaac Redman shedding pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post

1200 yard season.
    I dont particually enjoy bashing players, but even a slimmed down version of Redman wont be rushing for 1200y... I think him trimming down is a huge mistake. Before, he was a serviceable back who could block. Making himself smaller will just put someone ahead of him there as well.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    300 yard season, overweight was never his problem. Bell is going to be their man whether he succeeds or not
    I will come in somewhere in between.

I think Dwyer will be gone. This leaves Redman with a lot of playing time and he still could get 600-700 yards. The rook will likely get most of the carries but they will still use Redman a lot.

I agree that him losing weight is not necessarily a great thing.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would be happy if Redman got 400-500 yards, to be honest. I think Bell is our feature back. Redman is a good change of pace, give Bell a blow, short yardage, and goal line. Howling is in the mix, but I think Batch and Dwyer may be the odd men out, although batch could contribute on special teams.

It will be interesting on how McNeal develops.

Thread Information