Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 119

Thread: Vonta Leach cut

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    He said those teams won "the old way." Is anyone really looking back at the last few super bowls as being old-school?
    CRASH said that. I quoted him. Let's go back:

    Crash: Absolutely. The run games for those teams (the last three SB winners) sucked. The fact that you tried to give them credit is exactly whats wrong with this fan base: Out of touch pole smoking idiots who would rather lose games playing the old way, than winning championships playing the modern way.
    My reply: As usual, you missed the point. There is no need to argue whether their "run games...sucked." The fact is, the teams mentioned WON championships "playing the old way," with a FB.
    As you can clearly see, CRASH equated having a FB with "playing the old way" and I just quoted him.
    .

  2. #32
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Nobody said anything about playing 70s smashmouth...
    Art has. Repeatedly.

    Run the ball, rest the defense.

  3. #33
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Kuhn was on the field for 374 Offensive Snaps
    And the formation?

    Something tells me you haven't watched the Packers since we last played them.

  4. #34
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    339
    Leach being cut sure shows that the Ravens are totally cleaning house this season coming up. They still have enough pieces to be respectable though.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And the formation?

    Something tells me you haven't watched the Packers since we last played them.
    I bet Something tells you a lot of things.

  6. #36
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    CRASH said that. I quoted him. Let's go back:





    As you can clearly see, CRASH equated having a FB with "playing the old way" and I just quoted him.
    .
    And I'm pointing out the fact that acting as if the FBs for the last four super bowl champs having a huge impact in any of those games is ridiculous.

    Leach was cut because he costs too much. You think in today's NFL it's a good idea to pay a guy that much who's only going to be out there for about 10% of the snaps? Fullbacks are in no position to make contract demands.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    And I'm pointing out the fact that acting as if the FBs for the last four super bowl champs having a huge impact in any of those games is ridiculous.

    Leach was cut because he costs too much. You think in today's NFL it's a good idea to pay a guy that much who's only going to be out there for about 10% of the snaps? Fullbacks are in no position to make contract demands.
    %
    Leach played 42 % of offensive snaps last season

    do your homework

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    And I'm pointing out the fact that acting as if the FBs for the last four super bowl champs having a huge impact in any of those games is ridiculous.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Too bad I never said it. What I DID say was that the FB still has a place in a so-called "modern offense" and the last few SB champs apparently agree with me.

    Leach was cut because he costs too much.
    Yeah? So? In fact, you kind of make my point. He was NOT cut because the Ravens thought FBs are irrelevant in today's game, they did so because of money. In fact, Ozzie already said that he WANTS him back.

    You think in today's NFL it's a good idea to pay a guy that much who's only going to be out there for about 10% of the snaps?
    See NPB's post. Do you even WATCH football?

  9. #39
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    %
    Leach played 42 % of offensive snaps last season

    do your homework
    Does that always mean they had an impact. Get your head out of the stat sheet and watch the game.

    Thanks for pointing that out. Too bad I never said it. What I DID say was that the FB still has a place in a so-called "modern offense" and the last few SB champs apparently agree with me.
    And the last few super bowl champs won because of their QBs. Don't over-value the position of FB.

    Yeah? So? In fact, you kind of make my point. He was NOT cut because the Ravens thought FBs are irrelevant in today's game, they did so because of money. In fact, Ozzie already said that he WANTS him back.
    That means FBs are interchangable - hence why the Ravens dumped Leach. Thanks for proving my point.

    See NPB's post. Do you even WATCH football?
    Apparently you two think looking at the stat sheet is the same as watching the game.

    The point it, you're overvaluing the position because you can't get your heads out of the 70's. I'm gonna tell you something you won't like. Here it goes - it's a quarterback driven league, not a fullback driven league. I know Stiller fans don't like it, but it's time to suck it up and accept it. Bitching about it won't change anything.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Does that always mean they had an impact. Get your head out of the stat sheet and watch the game.
    This is what your response sounds like:
    "You need to watch the games!!! because I don't like it when your STATS don't support my ignorant beliefs that are completely wrong.... I will no longer use numbers... because you'll just use them against me"

    here's a hint: when you say, "you don't watch the games"... it's a sign to everyone that you have no argument and really can't "talk football".

    And the last few super bowl champs won because of their QBs. Don't over-value the position of FB.
    It's becoming more and more clear that you have a reading comprehension problem


    That means FBs are interchangable - hence why the Ravens dumped Leach. Thanks for proving my point.
    it means there is a salary cap...
    :facepalm:



    Apparently you two think looking at the stat sheet is the same as watching the game.
    no, the stat sheet just proves that we know what we are talking about.

    The point it, you're overvaluing the position because you can't get your heads out of the 70's. I'm gonna tell you something you won't like. Here it goes - it's a quarterback driven league, not a fullback driven league. I know Stiller fans don't like it, but it's time to suck it up and accept it. Bitching about it won't change anything.
    jesus christ you're a moron.
    nobody is making the argument that you think you are arguing against.

    Here's how it's going
    US : "FBs are still a relevant part of a modern NFL offense. Recent super bowl winners like Green Bay and Baltimore are using the FB 34%-44% of the time on offense. Even teams that pass A LOT are using the FB to set up the passing game, by bringing more men in the box, forcing teams out of their base defenses, and putting pressure on zone defenses"

    You: "IT'S A QB LEAGUE!!!! Here are some stats that are wrong. Your living in the 70s. Potato chips Man!"
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 06-13-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vonta Leach Anyone?
    By Ibleedblk&gld in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •