Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vonta Leach cut

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    As usual, you missed the point. There is no need to argue whether their "run games...sucked." The fact is, the teams mentioned WON championships "playing the old way," with a FB.
    The last four teams to win the super bowl won playing "the old way"....? Uh, no. Come to think of it, the Steelers didn't win their last super bowl doing it the "old way."

Guys, it's a QB-driven league, not a FB-driven league. And Leach was cut because he wanted too much money. If you are going to have a FB on your roster, there is no negotiating. He either takes the money he's offered, or walks.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    The last four teams to win the super bowl won playing "the old way"....? Uh, no. Come to think of it, the Steelers didn't win their last super bowl doing it the "old way."

Guys, it's a QB-driven league, not a FB-driven league. And Leach was cut because he wanted too much money. If you are going to have a FB on your roster, there is no negotiating. He either takes the money he's offered, or walks.
    no one said it was a FB driven league... but straw men are cool

the last 4 super bowl champs used a traditional FB in their base offensive formation.... It's just a fact.....no one is saying, "THAT'S WHY THE WON THE SUPER BOWL"....

schematically, using a traditional FB, is still a component of some of the biggest passing offenses (Green Bay).
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Ratbirds

NPB nailed it above. My comment was referring to a specific trait, that they used a FB.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    no one said it was a FB driven league... but straw men are cool

the last 4 super bowl champs used a traditional FB in their base offensive formation.... It's just a fact.....no one is saying, "THAT'S WHY THE WON THE SUPER BOWL"....

schematically, using a traditional FB, is still a component of some of the biggest passing offenses (Green Bay).
    This. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Banned
    When does Kuhn actually PLAY for the Packers? What's the situation?

When he's taking shotgun draws as the lone back? He's not a fullback, he's a halfback.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    When does Kuhn actually PLAY for the Packers? What's the situation?

When he's taking shotgun draws as the lone back? He's not a fullback, he's a halfback.
    hey look, another example of Crash making stuff up, as his lunacy crumbles under the weight of facts

Kuhn was on the field for 374 Offensive Snaps
    Kuhn had 23 carries
    94 percent of the time he was on the field he was not running the ball... yea, that sounds like a FB, anyone disagree?

Another desperately soft lob spiked in Crash's face

Come on... gimme another

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    NPB nailed it above. My comment was referring to a specific trait, that they used a FB.
    Okay, those teams had FBs. But they didn't play three yards and a cloud of dust. Hardly playing 70's smashmouth.

Assistant Coach

Vonta Leach cut

Okay, those teams had FBs. But they didn't play three yards and a cloud of dust. Hardly playing 70's smashmouth.
    Nobody said anything about playing 70s smashmouth...

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Nobody said anything about playing 70s smashmouth...
    He said those teams won "the old way." Is anyone really looking back at the last few super bowls as being old-school?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    CRASH defined "playing the old way" as having a FB, not me. It has been repeatedly made clear to him that the last three SB champions all had a FB that they used quite a bit. No one said a word about "three yards and a cloud of dust" or "playing 70's smashmouth." No one is advocating setting the clocks back. What we ARE advocating is picking up a suitable FB and using him in the right situation in a "modern offense."

The point is that the FB is not an antiquated concept that has no use in a "modern offense."
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information