Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 119

Thread: Vonta Leach cut

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #91
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Caldwell wasn't an outsider, he was a QB Coach who was PROMOTED to OC from within the staff.

    Just like the Steelers when they do it since 1990.

    Gailey for Erhardt? Playoffs.

    Mularkey promoted for the fired Gilbride? Playoffs.

    Whisenhut promoted for the departed Mularkey? Playoffs.

    Arians promoted when Whiz left? Playoffs.

    See the trends people?

    Read and learn.

    The minute Kirby Wilson's house burned down they should have given the job to Randy Fichtner, who's paid his dues as an assistant on this staff for years.

    But Art couldn't do that. He did his father's old hired hand a favor and hired his son.

    And paid the price for it.
    I am with you Crash.

    Noll hired from Baltimore- 4 championships

    Cowher hired from the Chiefs-1 championship

    Tomlin hired from the ViQueens-1 championship

    Yep, your theory works just great. Hiring from the outside NEVER works. Follow the trends...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ive had better conversations with....well just about anything than with you

    a whole 3 teams? have won the superbowl since then. You really are a detriment to the site
    Actually it's four. Dan left for Ireland after XLIII and the new ownership (Art's bigger role) started in 2009.

    Two years out of the playoffs, and two years in. .500 Mediocre.

    Dan's back, hopefully he'll put Art in the backseat where he belongs.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I am with you Crash.

    Noll hired from Baltimore- 4 championships

    Cowher hired from the Chiefs-1 championship

    Tomlin hired from the ViQueens-1 championship

    Yep, your theory works just great. Hiring from the outside NEVER works. Follow the trends...
    Um, are those coaches running the offense?

    Stick to the subject at hand.

  4. #94
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Actually I'm just smarter than most.

    I'm part of the 1975 crowd. I could care less what this team did 35 years ago.
    I dont give a **** about the 70s, but you are a worthless addition to the forums for the nonsense you spew with your broken record radically skewed views on everything. You arent even worth a response, but somehow you weasel them out of us occasionally. You should just leave, go spew your garbage elsewhere, you scare members away with your endless rambling because you make the boards lose credibility.

  5. #95
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, are those coaches running the offense?

    Stick to the subject at hand.
    Oh, so the Crash Rule only works for the coaches on offense? Care to explain why it would not work for the D or head coaches?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Don't ignore facts. That won't change them.

    Everyone got on Roethlisberger because one of his concerns with changing the offense was changing terminology on the young receivers this team had.

    Well guess what? NOW, with Haley's blessing, they are changing some plays BACK to the way they were. To make it easier for the young players to grasp the playbook.

    In short? Roethlisberger was right, and it what did all that changing get them? 8-8.

    Art learned a valuable lesson: Owners own, coaches coach, players play.

    If his Jerry Jones routine continues? This team is in deep **** going forward.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Oh, so the Crash Rule only works for the coaches on offense? Care to explain why it would not work for the D or head coaches?
    We're discussing the offense. And their past/present OCs.

  8. #98
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    We're discussing the offense. And their past/present OCs.
    And you made a claim that hiring from within=success and hiring from the outside=failure. It is a logical fallacy called a post hoc ergo propter hoc.

    There are TONS of examples of teams pulling in OCs and other offensive coaches from the outside and having great success. There is nothing special about the Steelers that would make the experience with them any different.

    If your insane theory was logically valid, there is no reason to believe that it would not also apply to the defense or head coach. It is a fair question.

    I am starting to believe that you are just a bored dipsh!t who does not believe what you say and just likes to start sh!t. As pathetic as it makes you, I guess it makes me even worse for responding time after time. You bring NOTHING here but discord.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    There are TONS of examples of teams pulling in OCs and other offensive coaches from the outside and having great success.
    I don't concern myself with other teams. I'm only concerned with the one *I* root for.

  10. #100
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,551
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I don't concern myself with other teams. I'm only concerned with the one *I* root for.
    Who you root for or are concerned with is irrelevant. The FACT is that you have provided not a shred of evidence that pulling offensive coaches from other teams has a worse success rate than hiring from within.

    By cherrypicking just the Steelers you make the sample size so small that it is irrelevant. It is a half-baked theory on your part and nothing more.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vonta Leach Anyone?
    By Ibleedblk&gld in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •