Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Bengals

Bookmark and Share

Steelers vs Bengals

Cinci is smokin..... what i dont know..

The Cincinnati Bengals have become a trendy pick this offseason to win the AFC North.

One reason behind the optimism is the potential for an offense returning all its starters along with the additions of tight end Tyler Eifert and running back Giovani Bernard.

Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is feeling the expectations.

The offensive unit needs to take "major, major, major steps in the right direction moving forward," Gruden said Thursday, per the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Whether the Bengals offense can make the triple-major improvement hinges greatly on quarterback Andy Dalton's improvement.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 06-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Draft Pick
    In the 2014 draft the Steelers will probably be finding themselves drafting someone that can cover Eifert. I still say we should have taken Eifert over Jones.

Any excuse coldrolled can find to mention Eifert... And let's stop with this whole "How in the world will they ever be able to stop that unstoppable juggernaut that is Tyler Eifert?!?!?"... Cortez Allen covered Rob Gronkowski the entire game 1-on-1 in 2011 (when Cortez was only a rookie), and basically took him out of the game. If you recall he destroyed us in 2010 with 3 TDs. He had 0 in 2011. If a rookie Cortez Allen from The Citadel can take away the best TE in the game, in the middle of a record shattering year, with Tom Brady throwing him the ball, I don't think he'll have any issues with Eifert.
    Last edited by Big T; 06-06-2013 at 02:54 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    coldrolled, shut the **** up about eifert.

someone ****ing ban this guy.

go suck his dick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Any excuse coldrolled can find to mention Eifert... And let's stop with this whole "How in the world will they ever be able to stop that unstoppable juggernaut that is Tyler Eifert?!?!?"... Cortez Allen covered Rob Gronkowski the entire game 1-on-1 in 2011 (when Cortez was only a rookie), and basically took him out of the game. If you recall he destroyed us in 2010 with 3 TDs. He had 0 in 2011. If a rookie Cortez Allen from The Citadel can take away the best TE in the game, in the middle of a record shattering year, with Tom Brady throwing him the ball, I don't think he'll have any issues with Eifert.
    Coldrolled, I love you dude but this Eifert thing really is getting old. He's not Gronk. He's not Graham. He's not unstoppable. And...he has a weak armed Andy Dalton throwing to him. So all this love that the Bengals seems to be getting seems to me to be displaced. Because Andy Dalton can't lead a bunch of boy scouts to my refrigerator when playoff time comes around.

Ask yourself this question:

What growth did you see from Andy Dalton from the 2011 playoffs to the 2012 playoffs???? None. Because when your not playing the Jacksonville Jaguars or some other sucking team, he doesn't shine. He never shines against good defensive teams. So I'm not concerned about the Bengals. Sure they have a lot of weapons...but the trigger (Andy Dalton) is weak.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Im over Eifert... We have Bell and Wheaton... They will help Ben just as well.. If Ben stays healthy we have the best offense in the AFCN. Our OL will surprise this year.

The point in this article is the media boys are placing the Bengals as the AFCN champs with us battling..

I think they are placing the Ravens in the third spot without saying so. Just because they won the SB they cant talk them out. But i think the reality of losing 9 players holding strong positions its a pretty easy call.. with the team now on Flaccos shoulders.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 06-06-2013 at 08:43 PM.

You need a QB that can make plays. And plays no matter if the competitions defense is weak or strong.

Bengals defense will keep them around in games with average teams; but when they face an equal defense, Dalton will show how he stinks. Their not a concern.

Browns with Weeden? Same thing.

Ravens with no Boldin and all the other starters that left? Sorry, even Ozzie won't be able to stop them from being 7-9 this season.

So.....we will win this division really by default. Coupled with a great beginning of the season schedule, we will run away from these others from the start in the first 5 weeks of the season.

No worries. And we are under the radar just the way I like it. By week 6, all the ball washers will be all over us saying they saw this coming with their lying ***

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Ravens with no Boldin and all the other starters that left? Sorry, even Ozzie won't be able to stop them from being 7-9 this season.
    This Boldin thing is quirky... The whole season Flacco was hitting Bolding on third downs.... It was his main guy 80% of the time on a 3rd down.
    But he did it game after game and thru the playoffs. Is Boldin that good, was Flacco that good or are the defensive coordinators that dumb not to cover Boldin tight with another DB jumping the routes for INT's?? that one had me confused all year. You almost knew Flacco would goto Bolding on third and yards.

I love Flakko. Because his fluke championship will hamstring the Ravens for years to come with all that guaranteed money hitting the cap. Hehehe. And I can't wait until Jones officially introduces himself to Flakko by standing over his damaged body after a monster hit and sack.

Draft Pick
    If you look at the Steelers 8-8 record last year,you'll see that incredibly 8 games came down to a FG in the final seconds to win or lose the game. In those 8 games we were 3-5,if we would have been 5-3 we would have won the division,even 4-4 would have given us a Wildcard.
    This year we have to do a better job of winning late and holding on to leads. The addition of Bell should really help in running out the clock in the 4th quarter.

Thread Information