Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Knee Surgery

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Ben Knee Surgery

minor

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger underwent “minor” surgery on his right knee on Wednesday, head coach Mike Tomlin said in a team-issued statement.

The club recommended the procedure “to ensure he will be completely healthy for the start of training camp,” Tomlin said.

Here is the full text of Tomlin’s statement:

“Earlier today, Ben had minor surgery on his right knee that was the result of slight discomfort this offseason. We advised him to get the surgery done to ensure he will be completely healthy for the start of training camp. This surgery will have no long-term effects on his health.”

Roethlisberger, 31, threw for 3,265 yards with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2012. He appeared in 13 games, missing time after suffering rib and shoulder injuries.

While Roethlisberger has started at least 12 games in all nine of his previous NFL seasons, he has started all 16 regular-season games just once.

Mark Kaboly, a Steelers beat writer for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reported that Roethlisberger has “fully” practiced throughout OTAs*– perhaps indeed a sign that the procedure is simply routine maintenance, so to speak.

Banned
    While Roethlisberger has started at least 12 games in all nine of his previous NFL seasons, he has started all 16 regular-season games just once.
    Misleading.

Gives the impression that he's been an injury prone gimp for 9 seasons.

Cut him asap.... LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yawn........................

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Misleading.

Gives the impression that he's been an injury prone gimp for 9 seasons.
    Yeah, I'm starting to get tired of the lack of context there. Roethlisberger did not miss a single game to injuries in 2004, 2007, 2008, or 2010. He sat the final game of the regular season in 2004 and 2007 because the Steelers had their playoff positioning decided before the regular season ended. He played all 16 games in 2008, and he missed the first four games of 2010 to suspension. He missed one game in 2009 to a concussion. He missed four games to knee injuries in 2005, but neither injury was severe.

The only seasons in which he dealt with severe injuries were 2006, 2011 and 2012. He only missed one game in 2006 and 2011, but he should have not have played in the first eight games of 2006 or the last three games of 2011. Last year the Steelers were screwed regardless, because Charlie Batch didn't need to be injured in order to throw ducks.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to get tired of the lack of context there. Roethlisberger did not miss a single game to injuries in 2004, 2007, 2008, or 2010. He sat the final game of the regular season in 2004 and 2007 because the Steelers had their playoff positioning decided before the regular season ended. He played all 16 games in 2008, and he missed the first four games of 2010 to suspension. He missed one game in 2009 to a concussion. He missed four games to knee injuries in 2005, but neither injury was severe.

The only seasons in which he dealt with severe injuries were 2006, 2011 and 2012. He only missed one game in 2006 and 2011, but he should have not have played in the first eight games of 2006 or the last three games of 2011. Last year the Steelers were screwed regardless, because Charlie Batch didn't need to be injured in order to throw ducks.
    Please. Batch played well enough to win 2 of 3 games that he subbed for Ben. Five fumbles cost us the Cleveland game, not Charlie. We were not "screwed" last year because of Charlie.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

The drama with Ben and his "injuries" gets so fn old! Why wait until a month from TC to have this done??

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    Remember Harrison had this done right before the season. I hope it is minor, or maybe Ben is just trying to get out of two a days?

Ross tucker on Sirius was saying he thought Ben was done? Whatever, I don't take much credibility from ex browns.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Please. Batch played well enough to win 2 of 3 games that he subbed for Ben. Five fumbles cost us the Cleveland game, not Charlie. We were not "screwed" last year because of Charlie.
    Um, Charlie threw 3 picks in Cleveland.

Thread Information