Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ed Bouchette: Teammates cannot believe Dwyer is in such lousy shape

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Dwyer has a chance....

Upshaw is up to 285 pounds after playing at 272 in 2012.

It's not unusual for a coach to take the chance publicly to get on a player early in the offseason. Harbaugh likely wanted to make sure his linebacker wouldn't rest on the laurels of winning a Super Bowl and wanted to nudge him out of bad habits sooner rather than later.

"Courtney eats too much, and he doesn't eat all the right foods," Harbaugh said. "He knows that's something that he's going to have to get a handle on or he's not going to be the best he can be. He's aware of it. We have everybody in our building involved in it. He'll be in fighting shape. I promise you that."

Upshaw said he is working to get back down to playing weight and cited personal troubles in Alabama for not being able to work out as much this offseason.

"I'm working, man. I'm working real hard," Upshaw said Thursday, via the team's official website. "It's anything to try to get me down. It's frustrating to not see my weight go down knowing I'm putting in all that work."
    There is a difference though.... This is Upshaw's 2nd camp, and he's getting the "talking to" about his weight. (He was also a pretty high draft pick).

Where as, Dwyer already got the "talking to" about his weight... Last Year... AND the year before that.... AND the year before that. And showed up AGAIN.... out of shape in his FOURTH season. (He was a 6th round pick).

Dwyer is done
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

My Mood
    Addicted
    We can pluck someone off waivers better than Dwyer or Redman.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    There is a difference though.... This is Upshaw's 2nd camp, and he's getting the "talking to" about his weight. (He was also a pretty high draft pick).

Where as, Dwyer already got the "talking to" about his weight... Last Year... AND the year before that.... AND the year before that. And showed up AGAIN.... out of shape in his FOURTH season. (He was a 6th round pick).

Dwyer is done

I understand... But Dwyer was 20 when we drafted him. Not real mature... Obviously not now either.

Veteran
    We have too many RBs anyway. We should have 3, 4 tops. The feature back, the change of pace back, the full back and a back up. Cut some RBs and add some WRs/TEs.

Rookie Free Agent
    Just something to think about with Redmond. Part of his game is how he uses his his head and the league is cracking down on that. He is going to have to change his game. I dont know if Redmond is the answer as a #2 back. Not that I think Dwyer is either but because of this it will be close between Dwyer and Redmond to stay on the roster.

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: Ed Bouchette: Teammates cannot believe Dwyer is in such lousy shape

Redman*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    We have too many RBs anyway. We should have 3, 4 tops. The feature back, the change of pace back, the full back and a back up. Cut some RBs and add some WRs/TEs.
    Pretty much this. Drafting Bell should mean the end for Dwyer as a Steeler. Use that roster spot for another position.

Draft Pick
    You see players like Dwyer from time to time in the NFL,they have the size and the speed to be really good,but they don't have the desire.They played football in High School and college because they were good at it,not because they loved playing the game.

Thread Information