Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    top 10 right now, not over 5 years, not importance to break out...just the top 10 right now. Sanders doesnt even belong on the cusp of that list, his production would make me hesitant to put him on the top 20. Hes easily one of the least productive starters on the team going into this season

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    top 10 right now, not over 5 years, not importance to break out...just the top 10 right now. Sanders doesnt even belong on the cusp of that list, his production would make me hesitant to put him on the top 20. Hes easily one of the least productive starters on the team going into this season
    agreed... it was a "right now" list. Including rookies, 2nd year players with little experience, and vets who haven't proved a thing was a poor interpretation
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Addicted
    I tend to disagree. Sanders is very important to the success of this team this upcoming season.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I tend to disagree. Sanders is very important to the success of this team this upcoming season.
    Let's tackle this another way.

It being important for Sanders to be "good" this year does not somehow make him a "good" player.

They could sign me to take Sanders's place and it would be just as important for me to do well, but I would still not be the 5th best player on the team. I would get zero catches and have a season ending groin injury in the first quarter of the first pre-season game.

I disagree that he is not a top 10 guy and REALLY disagree that he is not a top 20 guy (Are there REALLY 20 guys more talented/productive than Sanders? If our WR cadre has only 1 top 20 guy in it, we are screwed.) but top 5 and ahead of people like Woodley and Pouncey seems pretty off the mark. I am not criticizing, it is just my opinion.

If it was a "Top Ten Players Who Must Perform Up To Expectations", your choice would be more solid.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Let's tackle this another way.

It being important for Sanders to be "good" this year does not somehow make him a "good" player.

They could sign me to take Sanders's place and it would be just as important for me to do well, but I would still not be the 5th best player on the team. I would get zero catches and have a season ending groin injury in the first quarter of the first pre-season game.
    Which is exactly what I was trying to point out with my Worilds/Hood comment, in which he mistook as me saying they are as good as Sanders.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    That's nice... and almost completely irrelevant to the intent of the thread (or my understanding of it)
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Addicted
    The intent of the thread may not be as clear as need be. I interpreted different than most.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes easily one of the least productive starters on the team going into this season
    Some would argue b/c he really hasnt been a starter before (8 total in his career)
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Some would argue b/c he really hasnt been a starter before (8 total in his career)
    I know that, but its not like he wasnt given equal opportunity to succeed. Injuries might have been the cause, but bottom line is as of right now a very low production caliber player, and didnt exactly shine in limited time.

Im a big fan, i thought brown was better from day one but i have always said i wouldnt be surprised to see sanders turn the corner into a great WR. Right now, hes a nobody

My Mood
    Addicted
    Assuming if (a big if) Sanders can stay healthy he is going to surprise many. However, that being a double edged sword, if may make if tough to resign him at season's end.

Thread Information