Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Well, it is very important he have a good year to take the double coverage off Brown.
    You rank him as the 5th best current Steeler, because he needs to have a good year. That makes absolutely no sense. Worilds and Hood need to have a good years too, why aren't they on your top 10?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well, currently he our best WR in the current WR corp. He is the best route runner and most polished. It is imperative he have a solid season. This makes him one of the current top 10 Steelers.

Worilds and Hood are not even close. I put Jones ahead of Worilds site unseen.

sanders doesnt even make a case for the 3rd best WR lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    sanders doesnt even make a case for the 3rd best WR lol
    Who is ahead of him? Burress, Crotch, Brown?

Sanders currently is our best WR. Wheaton may develop, but list is for the here and now.

i just dont get what you could possibly base that on

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i just dont get what you could possibly base that on
    I've come to realize that he's got this thing about the relatively unproven #2 receiver being better than the proven #1, just like AB was better than Wallace (I'm not calling AB a #1 or that he's a completely proven receiver, but he's clearly the more proven receiver than Sanders). I'm a fan of Emmanuel Sanders. I'm a fan of his potential, but that's really all he is right now, potential. Putting him as the #5 best current Steeler, let alone over AB, is absurd. He has the POTENTIAL to be better than Brown, but at the moment he is not.

His list seems to be built on potential. Sanders, DeCastro and Jarvis Jones over Pouncey? Come on now. The have the potential to be better, but right now they are not.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I've come to realize that he's got this thing about the relatively unproven #2 receiver being better than the proven #1, just like AB was better than Wallace (I'm not calling AB a #1 or that he's a completely proven receiver, but he's clearly the more proven receiver than Sanders). I'm a fan of Emmanuel Sanders. I'm a fan of his potential, but that's really all he is right now, potential. Putting him as the #5 best current Steeler, let alone over AB, is absurd. He has the POTENTIAL to be better than Brown, but at the moment he is not.

His list seems to be built on potential. Sanders, DeCastro and Jarvis Jones over Pouncey? Come on now. The have the potential to be better, but right now they are not.
    Opinions vary, these are mine. I am entitled to them. At the end of the day, this list or any other posted mean vey little.

1. Ben
    2. Timmons
    3. Clark
    4. Ike
    5. Sanders
    6. DeCastro
    7. Woodley
    8. Troy
    9. Jones
    10. Pouncey

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Of course you're entitled to your opinion but its just interesting on why you think Sanders is better then Brown......I'm a big Manny Sanders fan and thought he was going to the best of the YMC but he hasn't lived up to that potential yet and injuries have held him back......As for right now Brown is the best WR on the Steelers roster but if Manny blows up this year then yea no doubt Sanders could be the best WR on the team and deserving of a top five Steeler rating.......

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Opinions vary, these are mine. I am entitled to them. At the end of the day, this list or any other posted mean vey little.

1. Ben
    2. Timmons
    3. Clark
    4. Ike
    5. Sanders
    6. DeCastro
    7. Woodley
    8. Troy
    9. Jones
    10. Pouncey
    Of course you're entitled to your own opinion. No one is denying that. I'm just wondering how you can rank a rookie who has barely gone through a few OTAs (limited due to a hamstring), a second year guard who missed all but the last 4 games of his rookie season due to blowing out his knee in a preseason game, and a 4th year receiver who's been limited by injuries and has not lived up to his potential when healthy, all over a 3rd year center who's been a Pro Bowl player and an All-Pro every year he's been in the league. Outside of "potential" I don't understand how you can rank them over Pouncey, seeing as how this is supposed to be a list of best Steelers RIGHT NOW.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jarvis Jones and David DeCastro, and I'm a fan of Emmanuel Sanders. I believe down the road Jones and DeCastro will be All-Pro type players. They absolutely have that "potential"... But that isn't right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Read the top message again. Is it better or more important? I read Coach Zach's question as who is more important, but necessarily what has been accomplished in the past. That being said, yes I stand by my opinion the Jones will be more important than Hood. My interpretation is moving forward, my list contains the players that are more important to the success of the Steelers, not what they have done in the past.

No "legacy" ratings

I guess interpretation is key and I place these 10 players as most important to the Steelers in the here and now, not what they have done the past 5 years or so.

Thread Information