Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With June 1st approaching...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Id like to see them bring in Andre Caldwell and bring back Casey Hampton as a backup. Maybe Doug Legursky. Id also like them to upgrade their backup offensive tackle. Withers doesn't do it for me. Are there any backup tackle available that fit into a zone blocking scheme?

Draft Pick
    breaston still might come in. I don't think they want anything to do with Legs and for good reason. The two UDFA Cs they signed are both likely better players. Another DL body would be good. Maaaaybe a vet RB if the ones here are having issues.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Breaston, Beanie, and maybe Big Snack.

I would be surprised with anytime else other than camp fodder.

@EdBouchette: Steelers North nabs another RT"@RavensInsider: Bills signed former Steelers offensive lineman Doug Legursky, team announces"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    @EdBouchette: Steelers North nabs another RT"@RavensInsider: Bills signed former Steelers offensive lineman Doug Legursky, team announces"
    Now that's some good news.

@AdamSchefter: Colts and RB Ahmad Bradshaw agreed to one-year deal.

I would like to see them lock up Cortez Allen with this money before he has a big year and command more money. I mean he's already been regarded as the best nickel corner in the league.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I would like to see them lock up Cortez Allen with this money before he has a big year and command more money. I mean he's already been regarded as the best nickel corner in the league.
    By who?

It is easy to say lock him up and it MAY be the best thing they could do. However, there are two problems:

1) If he is the "best nickel corner in the league", you can bet that he and his agent know it and will want to extort as much as they can. It takes two willing parties to lock the guy up.

2) It is the classical dilemma. If they do not sign him now and he performs well, he signs somewhere else next year and everyone b!tches about the organization because we never keep young talent. If they do sign him now and he performs anything less than stellar, everyone b!tches about him being wasted cap space (see comments here regarding Polamalu, T. & Woodley, L.).

Granted, Colbert and company get paid to make the right decisions on these matters but all the wannabe GMs will swear on their mother's graves that they were right about Allen two years earlier regardless of the outcome.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    By who?

It is easy to say lock him up and it MAY be the best thing they could do. However, there are two problems:

1) If he is the "best nickel corner in the league", you can bet that he and his agent know it and will want to extort as much as they can. It takes two willing parties to lock the guy up.

2) It is the classical dilemma. If they do not sign him now and he performs well, he signs somewhere else next year and everyone b!tches about the organization because we never keep young talent. If they do sign him now and he performs anything less than stellar, everyone b!tches about him being wasted cap space (see comments here regarding Polamalu, T. & Woodley, L.).

Granted, Colbert and company get paid to make the right decisions on these matters but all the wannabe GMs will swear on their mother's graves that they were right about Allen two years earlier regardless of the outcome.

I saw every game this year and heard the people covering the game mention that on atleast 3 occasions. I can also give you two reasons why they should.

1. He has shown improvement each year from locking down Gronk to locking down everyone's slot man. I mean if he wasn't an elite nickel corner why start him on the outside but play him in the nickel when we have 3 corners on the field. I mean we've all said Gay was a better slot corner than on the outside.

2. They already made the decision when they allowed Lewis to leave without even an offer. If they don't plan to sign him who will they start next year? a rookie? Gay? Honestly I don't think it's a dilemma at all, there is no other move to make there.

Also when have they ever cared about what outside people felt about their roster moves or any moves for that matter.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 06-12-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information