Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Steelers flunk this YR?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

What if Steelers flunk this YR?

Now I am just sayin what if the Steelers have a bad yr because of injuries or anything else. And let's say they get to a top 10 pick In next yr draft. Do they go for one of those elite QB's? Like Johnny Football. WalterFootball has 4 QB's going within the first 6 picks.

Too many things change throughout the year. It's way too early for that kind of stuff. Matt Barkley was the #1 overall pick this time last year. 97 picks later...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    No.

We have an elite QB that still has atleast 3-4 good years left. We address our other weaknesses and try to put the best team around him.

I get your point as far as preparing for the future but the future is now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Too early to begin predicting.

The only way this scenerio is plausable is if Ben's year is cut significantly short due to injury. Maybe then we'll be in a position for a top 10 pick, and maybe then they'd consider a top prospect QB to groom.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

"One of those elite QBs"

There are zero elite QBs next year, Bridgewater is the closest thing and i say that hesitantly.

I cant really believe people are buying Johnny Football as a first round QB, or as a pro starting QB in general.

Theres one elite player in next years draft...Clowney <3 , just because they are the top of the position in the class doenst make them elite...that word is thrown around way to loosely

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    "One of those elite QBs"

There are zero elite QBs next year, Bridgewater is the closest thing and i say that hesitantly.

I cant really believe people are buying Johnny Football as a first round QB, or as a pro starting QB in general.

Theres one elite player in next years draft...Clowney <3 , just because they are the top of the position in the class doenst make them elite...that word is thrown around way to loosely
    Agreed 100 percent. I don't get the whole Manziel thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Agreed 100 percent. I don't get the whole Manziel thing either.
    I actually love Manziel, me and my friends used "Well if Johnny Football can win the heisman as a freshman, I can definitely (insert something stupid)" But come on, as an NFL QB....hes a rich mans Colt Mccoy or Tate Forcier...undersized super athletic QB. He has some great qualities about him, hes accurate, hes got tremendous acceleration, and he can throw on the run with the best of them....he may be a guy that could potentially win 2-3-4 Heismans, but a pro QB top 5 pick he is not

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I actually love Manziel, me and my friends used "Well if Johnny Football can win the heisman as a freshman, I can definitely (insert something stupid)" But come on, as an NFL QB....hes a rich mans Colt Mccoy or Tate Forcier...undersized super athletic QB. He has some great qualities about him, hes accurate, hes got tremendous acceleration, and he can throw on the run with the best of them....he may be a guy that could potentially win 2-3-4 Heismans, but a pro QB top 5 pick he is not
    That's what I was saying. I don't get the hype about him as an NFL prospect. The man can ball, but so could Colt Brennan, Graham Harrell, Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, etc... Not really comparing them as players but they were guys who dominated college football and couldn't hack the NFL. He's exciting to watch, but I agree that he's not a top 5 pick. Not even close.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    That's what I was saying. I don't get the hype about him as an NFL prospect. The man can ball, but so could Colt Brennan, Graham Harrell, Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, etc... Not really comparing them as players but they were guys who dominated college football and couldn't hack the NFL. He's exciting to watch, but I agree that he's not a top 5 pick. Not even close.
    So could Andre Ware, David Klingler, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward......Ok I'm going to stop since I'm showing my age......lol

Thread Information